Plaxico Burress

DBAHO

He'd look awfully good with the Bears, even if he's a problem child.

Warpaint Illustrated reports word out of Pittsburgh has the Steelers trying to unload WR Plaxico Burress. The soon to be free agent receiver has not meshed well with his teammates and his HC Bill Cowher.

He's been getting along better with Cowher, he seems to be doing well also. He has turned himself into a very good receiver, can run well, block well, and can go up and get it over any CB in the league. He just has lapses in his maturity and that causes the Steelers organization to get a little worried. I honestly can't see the Steelers trading him, outside of Hines and Randle-El, the Steelers have no depth at all in the WR corps.

He's been getting along better with Cowher, he seems to be doing well also. He has turned himself into a very good receiver, can run well, block well, and can go up and get it over any CB in the league. He just has lapses in his maturity and that causes the Steelers organization to get a little worried. I honestly can't see the Steelers trading him, outside of Hines and Randle-El, the Steelers have no depth at all in the WR corps.

Are you kidding me? I for one don't want anything to do with this guy. Especially if we have to give up anything good. What has he done this year that makes you think he is good? 5 catches for 103 yards in 3 games? He is an enigma. No thank you.

If Rex is really hurt, I think the Bears might want to focus on a guy that can throw to these receivers, not worrying about obtaining more receivers.

Who do you have in mind that is available to throw to the recievers. Trades rarely ever happen in the nfl during the season.

He's far from an enigma. Hines Ward has been getting all the balls this year. Not to mention the Steelers offense has gone back to pounding the ball down people's throats. Plaxico is a headcase yes, but not as bad as he used to be. I've seen every single game he has played in the NFL and he has improved tremendously. You won't find a better WR tandem in the NFL than Hines and Plax.

He's far from an enigma. Hines Ward has been getting all the balls this year. Not to mention the Steelers offense has gone back to pounding the ball down people's throats. Plaxico is a headcase yes, but not as bad as he used to be. I've seen every single game he has played in the NFL and he has improved tremendously. You won't find a better WR tandem in the NFL than Hines and Plax.

Chad Johnson/Peter Warrick

Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne

Deion Branch/David Givens

Joe Horn/Donte' Stallworth

Darrell Jackson/Koren Robinson/Bobby Engram

Isaac Bruce/Torry Holt

Anquan Boldin/Larry Fitzgerald

There are 7 WR combos that I would rather have than Ward/Burress and that is only because Burress sucks so much. Team up Ward with Randel El and I like that combo much more.

Why does Ward get all of the balls thrown his way? Is it because he gets open a lot more than Burress does? That is with Ward facing the tougher DBs and the more double teams. What does that say about Burress? Are you a Michigan State alum or fan? That is the only way I can see anyone defending this eratic piece of s***.

Chad Johnson/Peter Warrick

Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne

Deion Branch/David Givens

Joe Horn/Donte' Stallworth

Darrell Jackson/Koren Robinson/Bobby Engram

Isaac Bruce/Torry Holt

Anquan Boldin/Larry Fitzgerald

There are 7 WR combos that I would rather have than Ward/Burress and that is only because Burress sucks so much. Team up Ward with Randel El and I like that combo much more.

Why does Ward get all of the balls thrown his way? Is it because he gets open a lot more than Burress does? That is with Ward facing the tougher DBs and the more double teams. What does that say about Burress? Are you a Michigan State alum or fan? That is the only way I can see anyone defending this eratic piece of s***.

ok peter warrick is worse or at least the same as burress... i cant even believe you rate branch and givens higher then burress/ward... donte stallworth has done absolutely nothing and joe horn is

ill give you harrison/wayne, darrel jackson/koren robinson, and issac/holt

I definitely don't have anything to do with Michigan State. I'll post some numbers.

Hines Ward:

2001: 94 catches 1003 yards

2002: 112 catches 1329 yards

2003: 95 catches 1163 yards

Placico Burress:

2001: 66 catches 1008 yards

2002: 78 catches 1325 yards

2003: 60 catches 860 yards

2001 combined = 2011 yards

2002 combined = 2654 yards

2003 combined = 2023 yards

Not many can touch that, not to mention they don't have Peyton or even an above average QB throwing to them. Hines is getting more catches this year because he is a great route runner and is always open, not to mention Roethleisberger looks to him the most because Hines is the top WR and Ben can't make alot of second and third reads right now as a rookie. Don't worry though, if Plaxico is healthy the rest of the year, he will end up with 800+ yards again. He can break out with 160 yard games anytime.

I definitely don't have anything to do with Michigan State.

Well, I do, and I really like Plaxico anyways. I'd love him on the team. Hines and Plaxico are both very good. Hines Ward does it all, and he is the man there. Plaxico is a very, very talented kid too. I'd be so happy if we got him.

Just to humor everyone, I'll post the other receivers stats.

Koren Robinson:

2001: 39 catches for 536 yards

2002: 78 catches for 1240 yards

2003: 65 catches for 896 yards

Darrell Jackson:

2001: 70 catches for 1081 yards

2002: 62 catches for 877 yards

2003: 68 catches for 1137 yards

2001 total = 1617 yards

2002 total = 2017 yards

2003 total = 2033 yards

Marvin Harrison:

2001: 109 catches for 1524 yards

2002: 143 catches for 1722 yards

2003: 94 catches for 1272 yards

Reggie Wayne:

2001: 27 catches for 345 yards

2002: 49 catches for 716 yards

2003: 68 catches for 838 yards

2001 total = 1869 yards

2002 total = 2438 yards

2003 total = 2110 yards

Torry Holt:

2001: 81 catches for 1363 yards

2002: 91 catches for 1302 yards

2003: 117 catches for 1696 yards

Isaac Bruce:

2001: 64 catches for 1106 yards

2002: 79 catches for 1079 yards

2003: 69 catches for 981 yards

2001 total = 2469 yards

2002 total = 2381 yards

2003 total = 2677 yards

3 year average.

Burress/Hines = 2230 yards

Robinson/Jackson = 1889 yards

Harrison/Wayne = 2139 yards

Holt/Bruce = 2509 yards

By those numbers Bruce and Holt have Plax and Hines, but they had Kurt Warner throwing to them in 2001 and part of 2002, Harrison and Wane have Peyton. Not to mention Plax and Hines are the best blocking receivers in the league which really helps the run game. You can still argue Bruce and Holt are the best, but not in my opinion. Hines and Plax are at worst the 2nd best pair.