ANOTHER motorcycle crash

The Critic

On my way home from work tonight, around 2:15am or so, I encountered a complete standstill of traffic on I-90 near Division. I was able to get off at Milwaukee, thankfully I was in the right lane. So I tuned into WGN to see what was up - they're ALWAYS the first station to report this kind of thing.

So details are still sketchy as I write this around 3:20am, but apparently two people on a motorcycle were traveling at a high rate of speed when they ran into the back of a car. One is apparently dead, and the other is in REALLY bad shape, from what they know right now.

Seems like a rash of this type of thing lately - I really hope people take the hint and drive a little smarter on those things. Too much death on wheels lately...

And I cannot believe how many people will ride as a passenger without a helmet, glasses, long pants, closed toe shoes, etc. When I see some young girl (it almost always is a young girl) is a halter top, shorts, and flip flops, I want to pull the guy over, chew him out and then give the girl a long lecture. If the driver doesn't care enough about your safety to make certain you have long pants, sleeves, glasses, and decent shoes, how do you know he isn't going to be doing 100 and poping wheelies? Hell even the most hard core Harley rider will put on shoes and long pants.

All these motorcycles crashes and deaths should send Insurence prices for them nice and high.

Boers and Bernstien did a thing on this last week I think saying all who ride motorcycles should sign the Organ Donor card because all they motorcycles are screaming death traps.

I don't know what happened - because I have not seen anything about it - but Saturday night they had County Line road by our house all blocked off. By the time we got there - about 4 in the morning - all that was left was 3 cops and a bike on it's side. It's bad over there since all the property is private (so the cops don't have anywhere to hide to do radar) so people speed like crazy down Indian Boundry and County Line. I'm surprised there are not more accidents around there.

Boers and Bernstien did a thing on this last week I think  saying all who ride motorcycles should sign the Organ Donor card because all they motorcycles are screaming death traps.

Lots of people call them donor mobiles. And from recent events, it appears to be a correct reference too... :unsure:

I don't know what happened - because I have not seen anything about it - but Saturday night they had County Line road by our house all blocked off. By the time we got there - about 4 in the morning - all that was left was 3 cops and a bike on it's side. It's bad over there since all the property is private (so the cops don't have anywhere to hide to do radar) so people speed like crazy down Indian Boundry and County Line. I'm surprised there are not more accidents around there.

And doesn't county line road bottom out at a curve at some point? Maybe it's not the same one I'm thinking but one year the Midnight Run for the orphanage in Des Plaines went down that way and we had a mini traffic jam with 12,000 motorcycles trying to get around the corner.

And doesn't county line road bottom out at a curve at some point? Maybe it's not the same one I'm thinking but one year the Midnight Run for the orphanage in Des Plaines went down that way and we had a mini traffic jam with 12,000 motorcycles trying to get around the corner.

There's an actual turn from 126 onto County Line. Then it goes all the way past to Shorewood and IIRC even past Montgomery possibly all the way to Iowa. And I'd bet it's all private property along the way so the cops never go out that way unless the residents call for one. I know right our place they do 70 easy.. I can just imagine how fast they go once their past Joliet.