Crude at new highs, pushing $50/bbl

southsider2k5

Today's the day...

the big $50!

Now that Osama got his way (that was his BFD - that oil should be $50 / bbl.) you think he'll call off the terrorist dogs?  LMAO.

Free Bit of Trading Advice. (No guarentees inferred from the usage of this advice.)

If Crude does not trade significantly through or close above $50, sell the s*** out of it. It is making a double top on the charts :ph34r: If he does go through $50, lookout above, $2.50 gas here we come.

If that's true, hello $3.00 gas, and a major  :fyou  :fyou  :fyou for the economy.  This country will literally go under.

Personally I don't buy it :ph34r:

It doesn't make any sense. We are leaving peak seasonal demand, and the supply interuption was temporary. I haven't heard of any significant permanent capacity loss because of the hurricane. I think this is more a case of talking heads, but I guess we will see.

I don't either... but, IF that's true, this economy can't handle it. People are s***ting bricks about higher costs now, let alone 20% higher crude prices. And 20% higher is a hell of a lot more then 20% higher on $1.00 per gallon was.

The job market is in a queasy patch right now because of all the uncertainty. Raise those oil prices more and see what happens. Can anyone say, TANK U?

At three bucks a gallon, I see some cars around here, whose value doubles after a fill up.

Why is it every time we "help" some middle east country we take it in the wallet?

I wish Crede would raise in value as much as Crude.

The tree hugger in me isn't so upset with $3 gas if people will stop driving as much. BTW, I know we diuscussed this before, are most gas taxes a percentage or $.X per gallon? Remember the tax bite on gas is huge.

At three bucks a gallon, I see some cars around here, whose value doubles after a fill up.

Why is it every time we "help" some middle east country we take it in the wallet?

I wish Crede would raise in value as much as Crude.

The tree hugger in me isn't so upset with $3 gas if people will stop driving as much. BTW, I know we diuscussed this before, are most gas taxes a percentage or $.X per gallon? Remember the tax bite on gas is huge.

The last part of your question- both.

The Federal government gets their taxes on a fixed basis. I forget the amount, but it is around 50 cents a gallon. Then most of the states and some cities and counties do the samething (that is why gas is 30 cents higher in Chicago vs out of cook county). Then gas is also subject to any sales taxes, which are a percentage of price.

This is all part of President Bush's challenge to the American people to get in better shape. by attacking a middle eastern country, gas prices inevitably raised. This will encourage more people to walk or bike to where they need to go. This in turn will turn us into a more fit people.

It's all because we're fat.

At $50 a barrel it will pay to uncap some US wells that have been shut down. Some oil is more expensive to get than others. Location, depth, quality all come into play. We'll see what impact, if any, that has.

BTW, for those individuals that sold their oil and mineral rights, they usually do not see an increase when crude goes up. Same payments.