Jose Valentin on Chicago/ Sox fans

southsider2k5

"My last five years here in Chicago have been my best five years," Valentin said. "The fans here have been great. I have no control over the situation. I'd like to stay here, but if not here, somewhere else."

Thanks Jose. Even though he hasn't had much of a year in 2004, I gotta give it up to him. We have jerked around this guy since the day he got here. They had him play that ultra-utility roll playing CF and 3B until he hurt himself, and made him drop hitting right handed, while still playing against tough lefties, brought in Royce Clayton to replace him at SS, and you NEVER heard a word of complaint from him. Can you imagine any of our "stars" taking all of that BS in stride?

The guy has been a class act. To Jose :cheers

Even if it is time for the Sox and Jose to part ways, I will never begrudge him. Go get 'em Jose.

Thanks Jose.  Even though he hasn't had much of a year in 2004, I gotta give it up to him.  We have jerked around this guy since the day he got here.  They had him play that ultra-utility roll playing CF and 3B until he hurt himself, and made him drop hitting right handed, while still playing against tough lefties, brought in Royce Clayton to replace him at SS, and you NEVER heard a word of complaint from him.  Can you imagine any of our "stars" taking all of that BS in stride? 

The guy has been a class act. To Jose :cheers

Even if it is time for the Sox and Jose to part ways, I will never begrudge him.  Go get 'em Jose.

Take that Jose Bashers :finger

TO YOU JOSE ! :cheers :notworthy

I am a Jose basher and will celebrate when he is gone...but I will admit he never has griped and complained and finally agreed to give up switch hitting (WHICH WAS A GOOD IDEA)...So he must be commended for being a team player and model citizen during his stay in Chicago...

Thats about as nice as I can be concerning Jose...

Give him a break....

This response  :fyou  :finger

has been about the only way to combat the Jose criticism this year because of his not so stellar play...

I love to see you play Shortstop....

You couldn't even play in Little League ;)

And yes that is my answer. Like all the stupid bashing we have read from you DUMB bashers all darn season :puke . GET A LIFE :angry:

And yes that is my answer. Like all the stupid bashing we have read from you DUMB bashers all darn season :puke . GET A LIFE  :angry:

Sooo, I don't have black and white glasses on all the time, when I see something that I disagree with. Interesting.

I commended Jose on a great attitude, and now I'm "DUMB" just because I didn't like him as a shortstop on this team? I think he was a part of the problem of a team that has the third year in a row of second place finishes.

ok. I'll let it go, but I also praise guys when praise is due, I don't just bandwagon the s*** out of everyone like some here do, and that's why I asked the original question. And actually I was joking with my original response.

Sooo, I don't have black and white glasses on all the time, when I see something that I disagree with.  Interesting.

I commended Jose on a great attitude, and now I'm "DUMB" just because I didn't like him as a shortstop on this team?  I think he was a part of the problem of a team that has the third year in a row of second place finishes. 

ok.  I'll let it go, but I also praise guys when praise is due, I don't just bandwagon the s*** out of everyone like some here do, and that's why I asked the original question.  And actually I was joking with my original response.

I didn't mean to flip ya off sorry. I was gonna apologize but got a call. Anyways, No you don't gotta like a guy but i think the bashing constantly is Dumb, We know some of you don't like him, FINEEEEEE but a bunch of theads and posts on the samething becomes tiresome

I love to see you play Shortstop....

You couldn't even play in Little League  ;)

And yes that is my answer. Like all the stupid bashing we have read from you DUMB bashers all darn season :puke . GET A LIFE  :angry:

:headshake It was just a joke! Why do you have to flip out over nothing?? I thought we have a no name calling policy here...your questioning my athletic ability and intelligence in the same thread!!

I never started a jose bashing thread all season...my point has been made and I dropped it!

But you know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i'm sorry if your offended by it for whatever reason but the facts are he hasnt done what i expect out of a major league shortstop...

And what is the point of telling me I cant play shortstop in little league? :headshake Whos the one who needs a life? I played HS ball and I'll admit I SUCK...

But after I give Jose Valentin props for being a good teammate and citizen you call me dumb, thanks alot, very big man

:headshake It was just a joke! Why do you have to flip out over nothing?? I thought we have a no name calling policy here...your questioning my athletic ability and intelligence in the same thread!!

I never started a jose bashing thread all season...my point has been made and I dropped it!

But you know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i'm sorry if your offended by it for whatever reason but the facts are he hasnt done what i expect out of a major league shortstop...

And what is the point of telling me I cant play shortstop in little league?  :headshake Whos the one who needs a life? I played HS ball and I'll admit I SUCK...

But after I give Jose Valentin props for being a good teammate and citizen you call me dumb, thanks alot, very big man

;) I said it for every basher. If you can play ball or not I don't know and don't care. I didn't question your inteligence, but if you feel ofended than my bad. I just think that constant bashin on a guy is tiring. I'm not saying you've started a thread or something but it is tiresome. As i told Kapo, you don't have to like a guy and i respect that but bashing over and over doesn't really get anywhere

;) I said it for every basher. If you can play ball or not I don't know and don't care. I didn't question your inteligence, but if you feel ofended than my bad. I just think that constant bashin on a guy is tiring. I'm not saying you've started a thread or something but it is tiresome. As i told Kapo, you don't have to like a guy and i respect that but bashing over and over doesn't really get anywhere

No problem....over and done....lets just sit back relax and strap it down

And :fthecubs

I didn't mean to flip ya off sorry. I was gonna apologize but got a call. Anyways, No you don't gotta like a guy but i think the bashing constantly is Dumb, We know some of you don't like him, FINEEEEEE but a bunch of theads and posts on the samething becomes tiresome

Gotcha. No prob.

BUT I DON'T LIKE HIM. :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Jose has been my favorite player on the Sox for a few years now, and for good reason. He busts his ass all the time, he does anything the team needs, he can runs the bases well, he is clutch...plain and simply, he is a very good baseball player.

He is done being a starter for a playoff team...those days are past him. He can, however, play a vital role off of a playoff team's bench...there are not many guys who hit RHP better that also play some pretty solid defense at SS(along with 3B and 2B too, if necessary). I wouldn't mind bringing him back for dirt cheap, assuming he does not start.

I am a Jose basher and will celebrate when he is gone...but I will admit he never has griped and complained and finally agreed to give up switch hitting (WHICH WAS A GOOD IDEA)...So he must be commended for being a team player and model citizen during his stay in Chicago...

Thats about as nice as I can be concerning Jose...

hell if he sat on the bench the whole time he was here i would have been his biggest fan! :P