Computer problem

Goober

Troubleshooting anything involves isolating possibilities. Borrow a monitor you know works fine and hook it up to the system. If that monitor works fine, you solved the problem. If it doesn't, check the cable. Again take a known to be good cable and see what happens. Finally you may need to swap out video cards.

All this is after you have shut down the system and re-booted.

Remember, fixing anything try the known to be good approach.

Also, unplug every non essential component including the mouse and speakers, modem, printer, etc while performing the tests. Then readd them one at a time.

thanks, ill try that tomorrow :D

My monitor got all messed up with the colors and all i could do was buy a new one. The colors were all messed up at first then it started to get darker as time went on. Eventually i had the brightness up all the way and could barely see what was on the screen , thats when i decided it was time for a new monitor.

My monitor got all messed up with the colors and all i could do was buy a new one. The colors were all messed up at first then it started to get darker as time went on. Eventually i had the brightness up all the way and could barely see what was on the screen , thats when i decided it was time for a new monitor.

yeah our old one got really dark so we bought a 10" flat screen monitor

Well, my brother's old monitor used to turn green and purple at random times...we used to just hit the side to get it to go back to normal...It was a nice way to get out pent up anger and relieve stress...But, yeah, I would do what Tex said first...it seems like the smarter thing to do...

You didn't hold a magnet by the screen, did you?

Thats what I was thinking. Even having a phone next to the screen can do it. I remember my screen used to get all weird (old monitor) and then all of a sudden it hit me. Whenever I was on my cell and sitting on the computer that was what was causing it.

However, if its a constant flow, unless you moved a magnetic type thing near your desktop permanently then I'm guessing its something else and that you need a new monitor.

This problem could also be due to bent pins on the monitor cable going into your computer. If you didn't screw in the monitor cable with the screws on the side, it coulda moved loose under the weight and bent a few of the pins that go in the computer, thus resulting in your bad color quality. Or you could do like Potus suggested and just beat it till it works again, one of the old monitors I had would return to working order after a good smack or two.

Thats what I was thinking.  Even having a phone next to the screen can do it.  I remember my screen used to get all weird (old monitor) and then all of a sudden it hit me.  Whenever I was on my cell and sitting on the computer that was what was causing it. 

However, if its a constant flow, unless you moved a magnetic type thing near your desktop permanently then I'm guessing its something else and that you need a new monitor.

my cell phone makes my screen go crazy its kinda funny