Welcome!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24643

I suggest you read the threads here before you up and decide to create a new one. Just something to remember for the future ;)

Dude dont be a dick..

Im sorry I didnt INVESTIGATE each and every thread and every post.. It didnt have its own thread, so I made one.. so maybe you need to think bout that one ;)

Dont really want to get into your little pissy fit,but it DID have its own thread, SoxAce Linked it. MinnySoxfan started it, its titled "Welcome"

Ok then thats fine.. but I didnt read that thread, I looked to see if a thread was title with "Bears sign new QB" or something with Chads name and did not see it so I assumed no one had reported it yet..

Not too difficult to merge it, which it has been done

BTW...FWIW...I do think the Bears will be a decent team next year. This year was just not meant to be, apparently, losing Brown and Grossman for the year, losing Tillman and Azumah for a considerable amount of time, and losing Urlacher for a game(which says something in its own right). You guys have to look at the bright side of things...the coaches are doing something right and the players are responding. Both starting CB's and a starting safety were out for yesterday's game against Minnesota, and Moss only caught 7 balls for 120 yards or so...I know that is still a lot, but you consider that it very easily could have been and probably should have been about 12 for 250 with 3 TD's, and you gotta feel lucky. The Bears almost beat a Minnesota team, who is probably a top 3 team in the NFC, with 4 of their best defensive players out.

You also have to realize that Thomas Jones is getting his s*** together and is playing his ass off too...he looks like he could be the steal of the year, almost like a potential 1200-1500 yard rusher.

When Grossman comes back next year, and the receiving corps has matured another year, I think you could see some very big things out of this Bears team.

BTW...FWIW...I do think the Bears will be a decent team next year.  This year was just not meant to be, apparently, losing Brown and Grossman for the year, losing Tillman and Azumah for a considerable amount of time, and losing Urlacher for a game(which says something in its own right).  You guys have to look at the bright side of things...the coaches are doing something right and the players are responding.  Both starting CB's and a starting safety were out for yesterday's game against Minnesota, and Moss only caught 7 balls for 120 yards or so...I know that is still a lot, but you consider that it very easily could have been and probably should have been about 12 for 250 with 3 TD's, and you gotta feel lucky.  The Bears almost beat a Minnesota team, who is probably a top 3 team in the NFC, with 4 of their best defensive players out.

You also have to realize that Thomas Jones is getting his s*** together and is playing his ass off too...he looks like he could be the steal of the year, almost like a potential 1200-1500 yard rusher.

When Grossman comes back next year, and the receiving corps has matured another year, I think you could see some very big things out of this Bears team.

The Packers are going to trade Mike McKenzie within the next 3 days.. The Bears should offer a 2nd for him.. but I dont think the Pack would trade him within the division.. It would be a solid pickup

The Packers are going to trade Mike McKenzie within the next 3 days.. The Bears should offer a 2nd for him.. but I dont think the Pack would trade him within the division.. It would be a solid pickup

Now that would be huge...

McKenzie/Green/Brown/Tillman

Briggs/Urlacher/Odom

Haynes/Harris/Tank/Ogunleye

That's a helluva defense.

Yeah, but dreams are so much fun.

Even if we drafted a CB our D would be great next year, and young as hell.

I really do like how the bears have put there team together, obviously having grossman out for the year hurts their growth as a team but if they have a solid draft and/or have good fa pickups they really can be a good team next year, imo.

As a Cowboys fan here are my thoughts on Hutchison.

- Was signed to be our future QB 2 seasons ago.

- Was pushed into starting in his 1st season, after Quincy threw 4 INT's against the Cardinals.

- Started off slowly, but showed some promise towards games later in the year against bad teams.

- Got beat in training camp last season for the starting job by Carter, which was a suprise to many, as Parcells seems to prefer pocket passers.

- Once Drew Henson was traded for, the writing was on the wall.

- Went to NFL Europe and didn't do very well at all.

- When he plays, he has NO awareness at all in the pocket. Can't fell the rush, and it's a given there'll be 5 to 7 sacks a game. Doesn't protect the ball very well at all.

- He has a good arm, but won't be a good QB, unless he improves his awareness on the field.

As a Cowboys fan here are my thoughts on Hutchison.

- Was signed to be our future QB 2 seasons ago.

- Was pushed into starting in his 1st season, after Quincy threw 4 INT's against the Cardinals.

- Started off slowly, but showed some promise towards games later in the year against bad teams.

- Got beat in training camp last season for the starting job by Carter, which was a suprise to many, as Parcells seems to prefer pocket passers.

- Once Drew Henson was traded for, the writing was on the wall.

- Went to NFL Europe and didn't do very well at all.

- When he plays, he has NO awareness at all in the pocket. Can't feel the rush, and it's a given there'll be 5 to 7 sacks a game. Doesn't protect the ball very well at all.

- He has a good arm, but won't be a good QB, unless he improves his awareness on the field.

A Henry Burris type with no mobility... YIKES!!!!

- When he plays, he has NO awareness at all in the pocket. Can't fell the rush, and it's a given there'll be 5 to 7 sacks a game. Doesn't protect the ball very well at all.

Sounds like some Drew guy up in Buffalo. :lol: