It never hurts to hear an offer out, does it?

Queen Prawn

I just received an email from a company that is literally 5 minutes from house. I worked for a competitor in college and would LOVE to get back into that field. It isn't electrical engineering, but, damn, it was the best job I had to date.

I can't not return this email even if nothing shakes out, but if something did... :wub: I couldn't even begin to explain the euphoria I would feel.

Truthfully, I would take a pay cut (not too much as I am not make that great of money right now) to work that close to home though...

As a manager I expected my employees to get offers and listen to them. I figured if I was half decent at recruiting and training my people should be most wanted. Most of the time they would tell me before going. It was the time they didn't that I knew I was close to losing them.

As a manager I expected my employees to get offers and listen to them. I figured if I was half decent at recruiting and training my people should be most wanted. Most of the time they would tell me before going. It was the time they didn't that I knew I was close to losing them.

Bingo Tex. It's sad, there is an employee of mine that is struggling with actually the same things I am struggling with here. But she gets it worse. I had to have a chat with her on Friday on not making quick decisions on not leaving here, but if she chose to I support her and her efforts on getting another job.

Then yesterday I had to basically tell my boss that *I* was sick of the lack of respect from our CEO and others in the office. It's pretty hard to counsel someone beneath your level on the same things when you're experiencing the same thing.

This company is a hard company to work for, probably the hardest, even companies that moved to Matamoros from Indiana, and an airline in bankrputcy, etc etc etc. I've been through some tough places to work but the lack of respect here is frightening.

I always try to give the utmost respect to my employees and my boss, but the utmost respect has to be earned. Too bad people can't learn from that.

Not me.

I'd take the same pay, but not a cut. I still remember my last "pay cut" 8 years ago when my company relocated and I went 3 months without work. That sucked ass.

I'm okay with public transportation - it's far from great, but I can deal with it just fine.

When public transportation is not an option the view is a bit different, IMO. I would love to sit on a train and nap for an hour.. driving in it is an entirely different state of mind.

When public transportation is not an option the view is a bit different, IMO. I would love to sit on a train and nap for an hour.. driving in it is an entirely different state of mind.

Been there too. Used to work a shift unavailable by public trans.

STILL wouldn't take a pay cut.

I GOT TO GET THE DOLLAZZ TO FILL MY NEEDS, BABAYYYYYY!!!!!

:D

Nap on the train?? Do you enjoy getting groped and robbed by strangers?

I don't even have a cell phone.

My wife has one for when she's in the car - I'd hate for her to have mechanical problems and no phone.

I slap on my Walkman and read a book - excellent methods to avoid hearing the people who ARE talking too loudly to each other or on their phones.

Cell phone = good invention gone horribly wrong.

When I was driving between Skokie and Wildwood (way north) everyday there were many mornings I didn't remember anything on 94 or the Edens. I would just zone out and the car would almost drive itself. Scary.

That's a regular occurance for both Jim and I. Most days (since we drive together) we have conversations and 10 minutes later we're like.. "holy crap.. we passed 83 already..?" Sometimes I nap and he's on the phone talking business.. but it's just such a s***ty drive. A few times in the past few weeks it's been over an hour and a half. Not looking forward to the winter weather at all. We're going to have to leave home at 5 to get here by 8. :crying

When I was driving between Skokie and Wildwood (way north) everyday there were many mornings I didn't remember anything on 94 or the Edens. I would just zone out and the car would almost drive itself. Scary.

I am not the only one that goes through that? :o

After I got off of 290 at Higgins, I got to work and realized I had no memory of getting off to Golf from exiting the expressway. I do this often and it scares the hell outta me.

I am not the only one that goes through that?  :o

After I got off of 290 at Higgins, I got to work and realized I had no memory of getting off to Golf from exiting the expressway.  I do this often and it scares the hell outta me.

I bet if Jeff Burton were there hitchhiking a ride you'd remember.

:bang

I just received an email from a company that is literally 5 minutes from house.  I worked for a competitor in college and would LOVE to get back into that field.  It isn't electrical engineering, but, damn, it was the best job I had to date.

I can't not return this email even if nothing shakes out, but if something did... :wub: I couldn't even begin to explain the euphoria I would feel.

Truthfully, I would take a pay cut (not too much as I am not make that great of money right now) to work that close to home though...

Are you a EE?

That's a regular occurance for both Jim and I. Most days (since we drive together) we have conversations and 10 minutes later we're like.. "holy crap.. we passed 83 already..?" Sometimes I nap and he's on the phone talking business.. but it's just such a s***ty drive. A few times in the past few weeks it's been over an hour and a half. Not looking forward to the winter weather at all. We're going to have to leave home at 5 to get here by 8.  :crying

Wait a minute. Did you not just say you'd like to take the train?! You would be passing up a private chauffer / husband for the common folk on the train!? Are you running for office or something?

Wait a minute. Did you not just say you'd like to take the train?! You would be passing up a private chauffer / husband for the common folk on the train!? Are you running for office or something?

Jim and I would both love to be able to ride the train. Seriously.. driving, even just sitting in it, sucks so bad here these days. Not to mention the wear and tear on the car.