Hoopsscoop.com ranks the nations top 40...

I'll give you a story about Clark Francis and how ridiculous he is. Bobby Knight around 10 years ago I think it was, made up a player named Ivan Renko. He said he was a great recruit that was coming to Indiana next year. Clark Francis ran an article raving about Renko saying all these great things about his game having obviously never seen him play since he didn't exist. He took a huge hit in respect from everyone from that day forward.

Ranking anyone below a freshman in college is just ridiculous and most of the kids ranked are either editor/writer's family members or brothers of famous people. Its just sad.

I'll give you a story about Clark Francis and how ridiculous he is. Bobby Knight around 10 years ago I think it was, made up a player named Ivan Renko. He said he was a great recruit that was coming to Indiana next year. Clark Francis ran an article raving about Renko saying all these great things about his game having obviously never seen him play since he didn't exist. He took a huge hit in respect from everyone from that day forward.

Ranking anyone below a freshman in college is just ridiculous and most of the kids ranked are either editor/writer's family members or brothers of famous people. Its just sad.

I agree this guy has always been a joke from day one. I mean come on how can you possibly evaluate a fourth graders game?

My nephew has to be a top 4-year old prospect in baseball, or at least whiffleball, he can swing the bat like nobody's business.

Seriously, this has got to be a joke.

Unfortuantely it isn't a joke and is part of the growing trend of hyping kids that show any promise at sports. Its getting a little out of hand at this point. Lets stop blaming kids for buying into their hype and start blaming the media for doing this to them at such a young age. Its impossible to say how good a kid will be when he is even a freshman in high school (with a few notable exceptions) let alone 4th grade. Let the kids be kids.

Unfortuantely it isn't a joke and is part of the growing trend of hyping kids that show any promise at sports.  Its getting a little out of hand at this point.  Lets stop blaming kids for buying into their hype and start blaming the media for doing this to them at such a young age.  Its impossible to say how good a kid will be when he is even a freshman in high school (with a few notable exceptions) let alone 4th grade. Let the kids be kids.

cough*Damon Bailey*cough