Jeremy Reed

winninguglyin83

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year's transactions will go as the worst in Sox history. I've thought this all along, and I know there's a 50 percent chance I will be wrong. I think Reed, Olivo, and Rauch can be very good MLB players. The thing about Reed is he's the exact type of player we've lacked recently. Great hitter, makes contact, heady.

I like Freddy, too.

Just wish there was some way we could have gotten him without giving up Reed.

We knew Maggs was going to leave and that we needed a left-handed bat.

Maybe they would not have taken Borchard (the secret was out, he can't hit) or Crede, but damn this kid is going to be a very professional hitter for a long time.

Reed is most likely going to be a very good player, I like him, I still wish we had him but are we going to get the same exact thread popping up every time he has a good game??  and just for the record I'd still rather have Freddy. ;)

If garcia keeps pitching like he has with us i would not rather have him than reed and olivo. I know you are gonna say that he has pitched poorly because of an injury but i do not quite buy it.

If garcia keeps pitching like he has with us i would not rather have him than reed and olivo. I know you are gonna say that he has pitched poorly because of an injury but i do not quite buy it.

I don't think it's all because of his injury but I think it's part of it, the bigger part imo is that his 3 worst starts with the sox have come when the sox have been way out of the race, I know people are going to say these guys are professionals they should go out there and do there job, however there probably not as into the game as they would be when pitching for something. When the sox were in the race freddy pitched very well.

I don't think it's all because of his injury but I think it's part of it, the bigger part imo is that his 3 worst starts with the sox have come when the sox have been way out of the race, I know people are going to say these guys are professionals they should go out there and do there job, however there probably not as into the game as they would be when pitching for something.  When the sox were in the race freddy pitched very well.

Rowand I was going to park adjust all of his starts at safeco and USCF to prove that he has been a good pitcher, but ESPN's park factor stats are all f***ed up so i've got nothin'

What did you people expect when acquiring a pitcher who pitches in the large park in Seattle? Not one baseball expert believed that Garcia would be a dominant pitcher at the Cell. Nearly every person that knows anything about baseball blasted the deal. KW's history of overpaying is coming back to haunt him due to the lack of depth we have in the minors. Anyone that says we couldnt use Olivo, Francisco, or Reed is in serious denial.

Rowand I was going to park adjust all of his starts at safeco and USCF to prove that he has been a good pitcher, but ESPN's park factor stats are all f***ed up so i've got nothin'

Do those stats show that he's worthy of being a 9 mil per year pitcher? I doubt that they would. Also with Garcia, his heater has been dropping it seems each year. He used to throw 96 consistently, now that's down around 93 mph. It seems like everyone on the Sox drops in their velocity.

What did you people expect when acquiring a pitcher who pitches in the large park in Seattle?  Not one baseball expert believed that Garcia would be a dominant pitcher at the Cell.  Nearly every person that knows anything about baseball blasted the deal.  KW's history of overpaying is coming back to haunt him due to the lack of depth we have in the minors.  Anyone that says we couldnt use Olivo, Francisco, or Reed is in serious denial.

Well, Olivo hasn't hit worth a damn since being traded and Fransisco may be deported and is suspended for the year for throwing a chair into the stands so hes not exactly the kind of guy I want on my team. As for Reed I would agree that it was a mistake to give him up, but if thats was the price for Garcia then it was a deal at the time that KW should have made.

Do those stats show that he's worthy of being a 9 mil per year pitcher?  I doubt that they would.  Also with Garcia, his heater has been dropping it seems each year.  He used to throw 96 consistently, now that's down around 93 mph.  It seems like everyone on the Sox drops in their velocity.

Yeah, injuries usually take away some velocity. Especially ones that occur in the arm...

Well, Olivo hasn't hit worth a damn since being traded and Fransisco may be deported and is suspended for the year for throwing a chair into the stands so hes not exactly the kind of guy I want on my team.  As for Reed I would agree that it was a mistake to give him up, but if thats was the price for Garcia then it was a deal at the time that KW should have made.

Beat me to it 99, fathom why do we need olivo?? I loved miguel when he was here but he still can't hit a curveball and because of this he can not hit rhp at all, sure miguel has a ton of potential but he's batting .232 this season, I've stated my opinion already on reed, as for francisco he's obviously a headcase, he's had a solid year no doubt about that but he still walks far to many hitters and this might cost him down the road. Say what you want about Everett but he was our best hitter down the stretch last year and that was a good trade, imo because we added a solid left handed bat we sorely needed and no we didn't give up that much for him.

What did you people expect when acquiring a pitcher who pitches in the large park in Seattle?  Not one baseball expert believed that Garcia would be a dominant pitcher at the Cell.  Nearly every person that knows anything about baseball blasted the deal.  KW's history of overpaying is coming back to haunt him due to the lack of depth we have in the minors.  Anyone that says we couldnt use Olivo, Francisco, or Reed is in serious denial.

Yeah I know somebody who warned of this ;)

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=351423

also this one.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=334474

Edited by The Cheat

watching the Mariners thump the As.

Reed is 3 for 3 with a double and 2 RBIs. Into the sixth inning he's hitting .435 in 46 big league at bats. Small sample, but the kid can rake.

Ouch.

Double ouch.

Sorry but good for him. He's gone nothing we can do about it ;)

I know that Francisco wasnt in the Seattle deal, I was just pointing out he's on of the players we've given away that we could use. Yes, Olivo struggles vs rhp. However, he's still young enough where he can improve vs rhp. Remember, the Sox face a ton of lefties being in the AL central. With guys like Johan, Maroth, Robertson, the KC guys, C.C., Lee, and others, Olivo would get a lot of games in which he could face lefties.

In regards to the drop in velocity for Freddy, I meant the whole season he was around 93 mph, not recently. Even before the Sox got Freddy, he was not nearly as good as he was at the beginning of the season. He had a great, great start. Let's just hope he has a strong season next year.

I know that Francisco wasnt in the Seattle deal, I was just pointing out he's on of the players we've given away that we could use.  Yes, Olivo struggles vs rhp.  However, he's still young enough where he can improve vs rhp.  Remember, the Sox face a ton of lefties being in the AL central.  With guys like Johan, Maroth, Robertson, the KC guys, C.C., Lee, and others, Olivo would get a lot of games in which he could face lefties.

In regards to the drop in velocity for Freddy, I meant the whole season he was around 93 mph, not recently.  Even before the Sox got Freddy, he was not nearly as good as he was at the beginning of the season.  He had a great, great start.  Let's just hope he has a strong season next year.

I remember on espn's scouting report of him they had said he can consistently throw 95 and somethimes touch 96 and 97. Like three days after we got him it no longer said that . Now it says he throws a low 90's fastball.