Networks ixnay debate agreement

southsider2k5

TV has ruined politics. That and the public's desire to know a person's greatest sins, not their greatest accomplishments. When the office of President of the United States is determined, in part, by how the candidate looks on tv, and which camera covers them, we are in a heap of trouble.

No longer is it enough to judge the quality of a man's vision, we must know his sexual histrionics?!

I do not want to get on a soap box but TV is killing our country.

TV has ruined politics. That and the public's desire to know a person's greatest sins, not their greatest accomplishments. When the office of President of the United States is determined, in part, by how the candidate looks on tv, and which camera covers them, we are in a heap of trouble.

No longer is it enough to judge the quality of a man's vision, we must know his sexual histrionics?!

I love OldRetiredGuy! :headbang

Welcome to Soxtalk!

Thank you. I haven't been back to Chicago since I retired in 1979, but I can see that the people haven't changed much. And that's good. I met a guy a month ago who was wearing a Sox cap and he told me about this place. I couldn't figure it out so my grandkids needed to show me how to find it.

If I can say one thing, I learned about baseball and life, is do not sweat the small stuff. I see more long comments about nothing and short ones about something. Eventually everyone discovers what's important.

What pains me about these so called debates is all we will hear are two candidates repeating the same stump speeches they've been making for a year. Then some person will tell us what to think and what the candidate really meant. I don't need someone to explain a man to me. I can look at him and judge for myself. Don't tell me what something means. Hell, that's why I stopped going to Church.

Thank you. I haven't been back to Chicago since I retired in 1979, but I can see that the people haven't changed much. And that's good. I met a guy a month ago who was wearing a Sox cap and he told me about this place. I couldn't figure it out so my grandkids needed to show me how to find it.

If I can say one thing, I learned about baseball and life, is do not sweat the small stuff. I see more long comments about nothing and short ones about something. Eventually everyone discovers what's important.

What pains me about these so called debates is all we will hear are two candidates repeating the same stump speeches they've been making for a year. Then some person will tell us what to think and what the candidate really meant. I don't need someone to explain a man to me. I can look at him and judge for myself. Don't tell me what something means. Hell, that's why I stopped going to Church.

ORG, TV is killing politics, yet you need to see a man??

Welcome to Soxtalk.

I agree the week of spinning on both sides is what I cannot stand. How long to something Kerry says will be called flip flopping? I say President George W. Bush can work it into the debate.

Though it does force politicians to clean up their act. Lets just say no modern politician is going to imitate LBJ and pull out their dick at a press conference...that wouldn't fly today.