NL Wildcard Race

Texsox

Who are you pulling for?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you pulling for?

• Astros
    • Giants

I really, REALLY want the 'Stros to take it.  The media, and everyone left them for dead not too long ago but they fought back, like a real champion would, and now they're right in the thick of it.

That's really awesome. I haven't followed the standings much this past month, so it was crazy to hear the Astros pulled into 1st in the WC last night. Good for them; I hope they can do it.

Do you think Steinbrenner and Yankee fans were pulling for Roger last night? He would receive such a nice reception pitching a game 1 in Yankee Stadium.

If the Astros make the playoffs my guess is Clemens will be the Cy Young winner.

The Cubs are finishing up against Atlanta. who knows what Atlanta will do to rest starters, they need to stay sharp without hurting anyone.

The Giants need to sweep LA to gain a share of the West so LA will be playing hard for at least one win.

The Astros host Colorado who is playing for pride. Sometimes the most dangerous situation. They haven't made a decision but if Sunday's game is important, Clemens may be asked to pitch on short rest. Gee, do you think the Rocket would turn down the chance to pitch?

It's nice to have a pennant race to follow and a dog in the hunt.

I'm kinda torn. The Astros are pretty much my second favorite team. And at the same time I would like to see Bonds get another shot at a ring. But it's hard not to pull for the Stros. This team was literally six feet under just a month and a half ago. Now I think they've won something like 33 of their last 43 games. What makes their run even more amazing if not shocking is they've done it without two of their top four starters in Pettite and Wade Miller.

I'm kinda torn.  The Astros are pretty much my second favorite team.  And at the same time I would like to see Bonds get another shot at a ring.  But it's hard not to pull for the Stros.  This team was literally six feet under just a month and a half ago.  Now I think they've won something like 33 of their last 43 games.  What makes their run even more amazing if not shocking is they've done it without two of their top four starters in Pettite and Wade Miller.

I am starting to soften towards Bonds. Perhaps he really is the greatest hitter of our generation. I would hate to spend his march to history pissed off.

The Cubs are finishing up against Atlanta. who knows what Atlanta will do to rest starters, they need to stay sharp without hurting anyone.

The Giants need to sweep LA to gain a share of the West so LA will be playing hard for at least one win.

The Astros host Colorado who is playing for pride. Sometimes the most dangerous situation.  They haven't made a decision but if Sunday's game is important, Clemens may be asked to pitch on short rest. Gee, do you think the Rocket would turn down the chance to pitch?

I read somewhere that the Braves are playing their regulars to keep them sharp, and also to try to keep the Cubs out of the postseason. Some people think they hold a grudge for the Cubs eliminating them, but I don't buy it. Staying sharp I can agree with, but arranging your lineup based on some grudge isn't smart.

Realistically, the Cubs need to take 3 or their last 4 games to get in. They have the talent to do it, but they sure don't look like a playoff team lately.

I also thought I read somewhere that Oswalt would go for Houston on Sunday.

I am starting to soften towards Bonds. Perhaps he really is the greatest hitter of our generation. I would hate to spend his march to history pissed off.

I'm not pissed off, I just don't care much about him.

I'm watching his assault on the home-run title, and his insane offensive numbers, and I'm impressed, but I'm not happy for him and it doesn't change my opinion of him.

Much like Ted Williams, who was an egomaniacal jackass, Barry Bonds is not likable in my view and really never will be. I put him in the Carlton/Abdul-Jabbar/Fisk file. Great players all, but I don't care.

I read somewhere that the Braves are playing their regulars to keep them sharp, and also to try to keep the Cubs out of the postseason. Some people think they hold a grudge for the Cubs eliminating them, but I don't buy it. Staying sharp I can agree with, but arranging your lineup based on some grudge isn't smart.

Realistically, the Cubs need to take 3 or their last 4 games to get in. They have the talent to do it, but they sure don't look like a playoff team lately.

I also thought I read somewhere that Oswalt would go for Houston on Sunday.

If the Cubs get in they play the Braves in the first round. If you are the Braves would you rather play the Cubs, Giants or Astros? With that pitching staff, the Cubs are the last team I would want to face.

The Astros host Colorado who is playing for pride. Sometimes the most dangerous situation.  They haven't made a decision but if Sunday's game is important, Clemens may be asked to pitch on short rest. Gee, do you think the Rocket would turn down the chance to pitch?

The Braves are still racing for homefield advantage though, im sure they wont rest anyone until they are guaranteed that

I voted for the Astros, mainly because I want to see the Cubs finish in 3rd. I'm not really sure I'd want to play the Astros over the Cubs if I were the Braves. The Cubs have more talent and their staff is tough in a short series, but Houston has been awesome recently and the Cubs appear more likely to implode, plus Clemens and Oswalt are probably pitching better right now than any two Cubs starters. I'd REALLY want to play the Giants if I were the Braves. Schmidt has looked human since his injury and the rest of their staff and the pen looks iffy. I'm glad to hear that the Braves aren't going to call it quits until the playoffs though.

:fthecubs :fthecubs :fthecubs

I voted for the Astros, mainly because I want to see the Cubs finish in 3rd. I'm not really sure I'd want to play the Astros over the Cubs if I were the Braves. The Cubs have more talent and their staff is tough in a short series, but Houston has been awesome recently and the Cubs appear more likely to implode, plus Clemens and Oswalt are probably pitching better right now than any two Cubs starters. I'd REALLY want to play the Giants if I were the Braves. Schmidt has looked human since his injury and the rest of their staff and the pen looks iffy. I'm glad to hear that the Braves aren't going to call it quits until the playoffs though.

:fthecubs  :fthecubs  :fthecubs

That's definitely a tough call... the Astros are red hot, similar to the way the Marlins and Angels were when they won the world series, so they could be a steamroller. However, I don't care how s***tily they have pitched this year, Prior and Wood are still REAL intimidating, especially in a short series.