The Most Underrated Player in Baseball

JDsDirtySox

IMO, Carlos Lee has taken over the title as the most underrated player in baseball. Over the past two years we have watched CLee mature into a complete ball player. I know many here like to rip CLee for his base running or "laziness" in the OF, but I am so impressed with the ballplayer he has become.

IMO, Carlos Lee has taken over the title as the most underrated player in baseball.  Over the past two years we have watched CLee mature into a complete ball player. I know many here like to rip CLee for his base running or "laziness" in the OF, but I am so impressed with the ballplayer he has become.

I agree. Carlos has really proven he can do something in the big leagues the past couple years. He was one of those prospects no one heard of, maybe it is better to not talk about these young kids down in the minors(players such as Borchard, Garland, etc...). You never really heard of Buehrle, Lee, Rowand...I just don't get it...

To Carlos :cheers

This might start a beehive of an argument, but we dont start these threads to agree with each other. I am going to disagree, and say he isnt even the most underrated sox player. I think that Mark Buehrle is the most underrated player.

He has consistantly led the league in innings pitched over the past few seasons, has been, at times, the only bright light in sox baseball, and definatley the most dependable. And, is killer away from our home ballpark which has helped us countless times in stopping losing streaks, and getting the ballclub going. I think that everytime we address which is our MVP, and whatnot, nobody ever brings Mark's name into the mix, focusing more on offensive players. But I think over the past few years, that the most consistant player, and the most valuable is Mark Buehrle, and for that I think he is the most underrated player.

Thats a very fair arguement. I disagree, but you bring up very good points.

By your first little paragraph, I thought you were going to go off on Carlos about how he is overrated or something, but a MB arguement I can understand. The guy is a friggin workhorse, that answers the call time and time again.

:cheers to Mark.

Yeah, I agree that Carlos is also underrated, he has improved him game so much in the last few years, its almost astonishing. I remember thinking about three or four years ago that he was the most worthless fielder I have ever seen. He has worked so hard that he is almost flawless. BUt I just think that MB just hasnt gotten much respect either.

This might start a beehive of an argument, but we dont start these threads to agree with each other.  I am going to disagree, and say he isnt even the most underrated sox player.  I think that Mark Buehrle is the most underrated player. 

He has consistantly led the league in innings pitched over the past few seasons, has been, at times, the only bright light in sox baseball, and definatley the most dependable.  And, is killer away from our home ballpark which has helped us countless times in stopping losing streaks, and getting the ballclub going.  I think that everytime we address which is our MVP, and whatnot, nobody ever brings Mark's name into the mix, focusing more on offensive players.  But I think over the past few years, that the most consistant player, and the most valuable is Mark Buehrle, and for that I think he is the most underrated player.

Is MB really underrated?

MLB.com is touting him as an AL CY Young Canidate.

While I agree MB is Consistent and the Man... I still think MLB doesn't give CLee his due.

Is MB really underrated?

MLB.com is touting him as an AL CY Young Canidate.

While I agree MB is Consistent and the Man... I still think MLB doesn't give CLee his due.

I dont think that he was given even a mention for that. I thought it was Pedro, Schilling, Santana, Rivera, and Mulder?????????????????????? :huh

I dont think that he was given even a mention for that.  I thought it was Pedro, Schilling, Santana, Rivera, and Mulder?????????????????????? :huh

While I agree with your list, today on MLB Radio they mentioned Buehrle in the group with those players. He leads the AL in innings pitched, and is in the top ten in Ks. I am not saying MB is the CY Young, I am simply relaying what I heard on a national radio broadcast.

IMO, Carlos Lee has taken over the title as the most underrated player in baseball.  Over the past two years we have watched CLee mature into a complete ball player. I know many here like to rip CLee for his base running or "laziness" in the OF, but I am so impressed with the ballplayer he has become.

I disagree if he is as good as you say trade his ass now. he is a lawn ornament and the worst baserunner in AL

Did you see the play he made tonight. The very heads up play to make 2nd on the tag up? Obviously you havent watched him this season. And to still call him a Lawn Oritament?  :headshake

His arm is pathetic, i watched him for too long in lf