The Most Underrated Player in Baseball

JDsDirtySox

I disagree if he is as good as you say trade his ass now. he is a lawn ornament and the worst baserunner in AL

You need to take your head out of your rear end and look around. You might see that Carlos Lee is a damn good ballplayer. Those posts are nothing but inflammatory bulls***.

But, that's my opinion.

IMO, Carlos Lee has taken over the title as the most underrated player in baseball.  Over the past two years we have watched CLee mature into a complete ball player. I know many here like to rip CLee for his base running or "laziness" in the OF, but I am so impressed with the ballplayer he has become.

You can't argue w/ Carlos's numbers and improved defense. But something is lacking. Even Ozzie said that Carlos "wasn't a complete player" within the past week. Ozzie wouldn't say this if something was wrong behind the scenes. If anyone has shown the defense and offense to be considered a complete player, its Carlos.

IMO, it has to do with his heart. He's always the guy during games laughing and joking, looking around the park, seemingly preoccupied even if the sox are losing or its a close game.

He's talented no doubt. But is he someone to build a team around? I don't think so. If the Sox could fill multiple holes, getting young and talented players in a trade, they probably will do it.

You can't argue w/ Carlos's numbers and improved defense. But something is lacking. Even Ozzie said that Carlos "wasn't a complete player" within the past week. Ozzie wouldn't say this if something was wrong behind the scenes. If anyone has shown the defense and offense to be considered a complete player, its Carlos.

IMO, it has to do with his heart. He's always the guy during games laughing and joking, looking around the park, seemingly preoccupied even if the sox are losing or its a close game.

He's talented no doubt. But is he someone to build a team around? I don't think so. If the Sox could fill multiple holes, getting young and talented players in a trade, they probably will do it.

Nice Post...

However, as much as I'd like to say Carlos is the most underrated player on the team, not in my book of course, Carlos did struggle big time in the clutch this year. As one of his biggest fans, I would like to see him come through more with RISP. I cant even count the times in May-July that he popped up to 3rd or shallow left using a very long swing. His numbers are great, just about the same as last year, but I think last year was the better year for Carlos, as he was a better base stealer and hustled a lot more on could be homers instead of just staring at them.

In any case, come on Carlos, lets get RBI #100!

IMO, Carlos Lee has taken over the title as the most underrated player in baseball.  Over the past two years we have watched CLee mature into a complete ball player. I know many here like to rip CLee for his base running or "laziness" in the OF, but I am so impressed with the ballplayer he has become.

I am too, but so many here seem to want to trade him for a bag of beans.

You need to take your head out of your rear end and look around.  You might see that Carlos Lee is a damn good ballplayer.  Those posts are nothing but inflammatory bulls***.

But, that's my opinion.

Take yours out of CL rear and you will see a player this team cannot wait to get rid of, because in 2005 ............HE Gawn

I won't argue that Lee is underrated, I love him as a player. I'm going to put another player at the top though. This guy gets a ton of credit in baseball circles, but I really think this guy deserves to be mentioned in the same setence with Bonds and Pujols, and it doesn't often happen. I am talking about Vladimir Guerrero. The guy just has so much talent. He hits for average and power, drives in and scores runs, can run well, and has a cannon for an arm. He's really one of my favorite players and I am disappointed that he doesn't really seem to be a household name. I love Lee, but I'd give up any 2 players on the Sox to get Vlad, 3 if they don't take Garcia and Buehrle(would cripple us too much).

When I saw you guys talking about working hard to improve, i thought about aaron rowand. about a year ago i started hearing about how he had been working on his fielding, and now he is IMO a gold glove caliber centerfielder. hittingwise, .310 isnt s***house luck either. you cant tell me some work wasnt put into that. Of course, it does appear he gets some credit. maybe not too underrated

Picking up balls off the ground most people can get to does not make for a good OF so what he is 3rd in chances big deal.

So what? If he is third in chances (stay with me here, this is kinda complex) that means he is getting to (still with me?) the 3rd most balls of any LF. So unless there is some kind of crazy vortex (vast right wing conspiracy maybe?) that aims baseballs right at Carlos Lee's feet, I would have to say (I know this is a stretch) that means he has some range.

he is a lawn ornament and the worst baserunner in AL

I've been one of the biggest critics of Carlos and I got to the point earlier in the year where I definitely wanted him to be traded, however he has improved a lot even from last year, imo, it won't show up in the numbers exactly but he's a better overall hitter because he uses more of the field now, he's become a better baserunner and he's a very aggressive baserunner also. I don't know how you can say he doesn't get to any balls in the outfield, he's always busting his ass to get to all balls out there, there isn't an outfielder in all of baseball who busts his ass more then Clee.

So what?  If he is third in chances (stay with me here, this is kinda complex) that means he is getting to (still with me?) the 3rd most balls of any LF.  So unless there is some kind of crazy vortex (vast right wing conspiracy maybe?) that aims baseballs right at Carlos Lee's feet, I would have to say (I know this is a stretch) that means he has some range.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I doubt that it sunk in though.

So what?  If he is third in chances (stay with me here, this is kinda complex) that means he is getting to (still with me?) the 3rd most balls of any LF.  So unless there is some kind of crazy vortex (vast right wing conspiracy maybe?) that aims baseballs right at Carlos Lee's feet, I would have to say (I know this is a stretch) that means he has some range.

:lolhitting :lolhitting