1. 1. Who won the Debate?

• Bush
    • Kerry

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it was pretty much a draw. bush won on a few points kerry won on a few others but basically no real substance or anything exempliary from either side...

That and considering what a "closer" John Kerry is, he really didn't mop up GWB like I thought he would. JFK started off slowly and then peaked 2/3rds thru and then ended flat. GWB started out about 8 dipped to a 4 and then ended on a 6.5

There was no clear winner last night. I wasn't impressed with either candidate, although GWB did use the words "vociferous" and "denegrate" I have to give him points for learning those words :lol:

wrap-up: GWB didn't suck like most people think he should, JFK didn't dominate like he was supposed to.

Decision: Draw (with a possible but minimal Kerry boost)

If I was hiring a guy to go debate OBL, et al.  I'd pick Kerry. I'm still on the fence for President.

Of course you would. The guy was on the Yale debate team. He had an incredible record as a debator. It isn't any surprise to me that he did that well in that setting. Both sides were trying to downplay the debates going in, to try to make things easier for their own gain.

The talking heads had this to say: (I was really f***ing surprised that Scarborough and Kristol said what they did)

Joe Scarborough: “As far as the debate goes, I don't see how anybody could look at this debate and not score this a very clear win on points for John Kerry." "It was John Kerry's best performance ever."

Kate O'Beirne: "I thought the President was repetitive and reactive."

Mark Halperin: “The president was remarkably angry seeming"

Milbank and VandeHei: "Bush appeared perturbed when Kerry leveled some of his charges, scowling at times and looking away in apparent disgust at others."

ABC POLL ON WHO WON DEBATE: Kerry: 45 - Bush: 36 - Tie: 17

CNN/GALLUP POLL ON WHO WON DEBATE: Kerry: 53 - Bush: 37

CBS POLL ON WHO WON DEBATE: Kerry: 44 - Bush: 26 - Tie: 30

Mort Kondracke: “This is the President's turf, this is the place that the President is supposed to dominate, terror and the war in Iraq. I don't think he really dominated tonight. I think Kerry looked like a commander-in-chief.”

Jonah Goldberg, National Review Online's the Corner: "The Bush campaign miscalculated on having the first night be foreign policy night."

Bob Schieffer: “The President was somewhat defensive in the beginning” “Kerry got off to a very good start.”

Mark Shields: "The President showed a few times obvious anger"

Bill Kristol, Weekly Standard: “I think Kerry did pretty well tonight, he was forceful and articulate.”

Andrea Mitchell: “This is the toughest we’ve ever seen John Kerry. He attacked the very core of the President’s popularity. He’s basically saying, who do you believe?” (MSNBC)

Tim Russert: “Tonight he seemed to find his voice for the Democratic view of the world.”

Fred Barnes on FNC: "Kerry did very well and we will have a Presidential race from here on out."

Don't worry the spin meisters are already out and charging hard. I heard some of Rush and he's doing a great job with his Bush to English; Bush to what he meant: dictionary. There is no way the GOP can lose a spin battle. They have too many guns and enough time to win.

BTW I have a few extra Bush Cheney bumper stickers if anyone want one.

Don't worry the spin meisters are already out and charging hard. I heard some of Rush and he's doing a great job with his Bush to English; Bush to what he meant: dictionary. There is no way the GOP can lose a spin battle. They have too many guns and enough time to win.

BTW I have a few extra Bush Cheney bumper stickers if anyone want one.

And the dems aren't? Apu's post came directly off of John Kerry's website.

And the dems aren't?  Apu's post came directly off of John Kerry's website.

Actually it was posted on Dem Underground when I went there this morning for a few minutes -- and being lazy this morning (damn debate drinking game f***ed me up good :lol: ), I just threw those out there.

Just from watching it myself, you could tell that Bush didn't have his A game out there last night

Actually it was posted on Dem Underground when I went there this morning for a few minutes -- and being lazy this morning (damn debate drinking game f***ed me up good  :lol: ), I just threw those out there.

Just from watching it myself, you could tell that Bush didn't have his A game out there last night

No he didn't, Bush looked horrible. It will be interesting to see how the polls take in the debate.

DNC putting out faces of frustration video

RNC putting out video of Kerry v. Kerry.

funny stuff http://www.drudgereport.com has links to them both

Spinning round and round.

Yes ss, both sides are spinning. I'm saying the GOP spin machine is 1000 times better than the Dems./ How can it not be with all top 10 radio shows being pro Bush? Go GOP.

I never witnessed any of these debates, but is this accurate?  A guy on another message board whom I respect posted this:

Mondale took Reagan, Dukakis took Bush, Perot took Clinton and Bush, and Gore took Bush. None of them cats won elections.

What does it all mean?

Perot didn't win, he was branded kooky afterwards by many voters. Kennedy totally schooled Nixon and won.

A valid ppoint is how often is the President called on the debate?