Mark Buehrle

SoxFanForever

I just wanted to put this out there. Good to see Mark finish the season strong and show us what he can do. 16 wins and an era under 4 where a lot of us didn't think he would finish. He goes underappreciated often with White Sox fans and I just wanted to say congrats. He works his ass off, pitches good more often than not and is always an innings eater. Great job to this season Mark and looking forward to many more :cheers

Buehrle's final road stats: 7-3, 2.55 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 3 CG.

:cheers

Damn. US Cellular Field really is a b****. Perhaps Kenny should ask Jerry to move the fences back a bit, if we want to gear this team towards pitching and hitting. Hell, let's make this a nice spacious place where line drive & gap hitters thrive - not to mention the pitchers.

Great year, Marcus! Can't wait to watch ya next year.

Nice post!

Great season, Mark B.

He truly is a stud.

p.s. If we could ever win this division we might have

something going in the playoffs, considering our starters

are dominating this late in the season.

Mark B and Jon going 9 innings of late.

Our pitchers seem to do better the last month.

Glad we've had Mark for 4 1/2 seasons -- and I'm even happier we'll have him for at least three more.

Buehrle and Garcia give us a chance for next year.

Mark Buehrle is 25 years old...as many here probably know. At the age of 25, he already has 69 wins...as has been mentioned before. He also had an improved season this year, minus the extra hits he gave up.

If he continued the pace he has set(which is 16.25 wins per full year of starting), he would end up with 228 more wins at the age of 40...or in other words, he would have 297 wins in his career, and would play another season just to get to 300.

I'm not saying he's gonna be the next guy to get to 300 wins...not even close...just saying that he's got as good a chance as any in the league to win 300 games in his career in the future, and that says a lot, because he has not even reached 100 yet.

Mark Buehrle is 25 years old...as many here probably know.  At the age of 25, he already has 69 wins...as has been mentioned before.  He also had an improved season this year, minus the extra hits he gave up.

If he continued the pace he has set(which is 16.25 wins per full year of starting), he would end up with 228 more wins at the age of 40...or in other words, he would have 297 wins in his career, and would play another season just to get to 300.

I'm not saying he's gonna be the next guy to get to 300 wins...not even close...just saying that he's got as good a chance as any in the league to win 300 games in his career in the future, and that says a lot, because he has not even reached 100 yet.

Nice post and good analysis. Would be cool for him to maybe reach that some day if he continues at this pace.