Why no congrats for Jon Garland?

AngelasDaddy0427

What is the range of wins/losses you could see for Garland next season? I don't see him any worse than 12-12 and I could easily see a 17-10 type of deal. Trade him only if you seriously think he could have a 10-14 type season.

He has been around now for what four complete seasons if you combine his first two years together and he has shown no improvement. Enough said.

Well, he was in the majors at 20. And considering that most of us complain about his mental toughness - I believe that his mentality will become better with his age. He's giving us 200+ innings with a sub-five ERA at the age of 24. OK - so he hasn't lived up to being a number one starter. So what? He'll make a little over three million next year, with the chance of improving.

So no - it's not 'enough said'. I believe Jon will improve next year - being a fifth starter. Let him earn his job as a fourth or a third starter - don't force the kid into a spot he's not ready for...

In my opinion he put himself together a very solid year.

He's 24 years old and shouldn't have been expected to have been any more then a forth starter anyway.

Still he managed to have a record of:

12 Wins, 11 Losses with an ERA of 4.89 and 217 IP

Last time I checked consistant 12 game winners didn't grow on trees and I don't think 3 Mil is too much to pay for a guy who has every chance to get better next year.

Even if he gives us the same thing then he's still not hurting us.

3 years of no improvement what so ever is why it is time to cut bait on JG ...............HE IS MR .500 SO WHAT

Well, he was in the majors at 20.  And considering that most of us complain about his mental toughness - I believe that his mentality will become better with his age.  He's giving us 200+ innings with a sub-five ERA at the age of 24.  OK - so he hasn't lived up to being a number one starter.  So what?  He'll make a little over three million next year, with the chance of improving.

So no - it's not 'enough said'.  I believe Jon will improve next year - being a fifth starter.  Let him earn his job as a fourth or a third starter - don't force the kid into a spot he's not ready for...

How many years have you been saying that you think we will improve next year? Yes in the fifth spot he may win more games than 12 a year. But look for his era to be right arounf 5.