Diaz starting?

Heads22

Do you want Felix to be in the rotation next year?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Felix to be in the rotation next year?

• Yes
    • Yes, if we do not acquire another starter
    • No, in the pen
    • No, in AAA

I voted no because i think he can be really really dominate in the pen. Starting i think he would have an era around 5.00-5.50. If he started next year it would also mean we did not pick up a starting pitcher so we could just throw the year away anyway. I honestly think in a full year in the pen he would keep his era around 3.00-3.50 which would be solid.

I voted no because i think he can be really really dominate in the pen. Starting i think he would have an era around 5.00-5.50. If he started next year it would also mean we did not pick up a starting pitcher so we could just throw the year away anyway. I honestly think in a full year in the pen he would keep his era around 3.00-3.50 which would be solid.

^^Ya, that^^

AAA would be pointless for him. I would like to see the Sox get another starter (via trade of fa), but if they don't do that I'll happily start Diaz as the 5th. I think our bullpen could use an upgrade, one that Diaz would give if forced there.

For the dignity of White Sox baseball Felix Diaz deserves nothing more than a bullpen role. Under no circumstances would I accept Diaz as a starter unless injuries forced him into the role. Another, I suppose, would be if he stumbled upon greatness and added another 3-4 mph on his fastball. But that would likely occur after a trade to another organization. So no.

Diaz's role next season should be, and will be, determined by his performance in spring training. He should be in mix of guys competing for a spot in the rotation or to just make the staff. If he outpitches everyone else, he should be in the rotation. If he sucks, he should be in Charlotte. I don't see the point of this poll.