Buehrle on the hot seat

YASNY

Not Frank. He hasn't been around. He's talking about guys playing now. I think C. Lee is probably one of those more concerned about numbers than winning.

If that's the case, good for Carlos. As it's been said, Carlos has definitely just had his best season to date. If it's JV worrying about his numbers, hasta luego....Your numbers aren't worth worrying about this year.

If that's the case, good for Carlos.  As it's been said, Carlos has definitely just had his best season to date.  If it's JV worrying about his numbers, hasta luego....Your numbers aren't worth worrying about this year.

Ozzie and KW have recently said that Lee "isn't a complete player", that he "knows what he needs to work on". this probably has something to do w/ it. Everyone has seen how "into" the game Lee is, laughing and joking in the field.

I'll always remember Lee laughing at all the guys running on the field,[the KC game when 4 jokers ran onto the field] even the Sox were losing at the time. He should have wanted to deck the guy for wasting his time. Lee's mind seems everywhere but where it belongs--thinking about how to help his team win

Ozzie and KW have recently said that Lee "isn't a complete player", that he "knows what he needs to work on". this probably has something to do w/ it. Everyone has seen how "into" the game Lee is, laughing and joking in the field.

I'll always remember Lee laughing at all the guys running on the field,[the KC game when 4 jokers ran onto the field] even the Sox were losing at the time. He should have wanted to deck the guy for wasting his time. Lee's mind seems everywhere but where it belongs--thinking about how to help his team win

Interesting....

I do remember seeing that now that you mention it. In fact he did it today in the top of the 9th when he grounded out to first and didn't get his 100th RBI. If that was me, I'd be pissed that I just missed my chance, but hey, that's just me.

Hey it's my first post here :)

Interesting....

I do remember seeing that now that you mention it. In fact he did it today in the top of the 9th when he grounded out to first and didn't get his 100th RBI. If that was me, I'd be pissed that I just missed my chance, but hey, that's just me.

Welcome to soxtalk. :cheers

Interesting....

Welcome to Soxtalk :cheers

Interesting....

Welcome to soxtalk!

For MB to mention it [even though he was asked] it had to be pretty fresh on his mind. A few guys who were nearing milestones could be who he was talking about [Jose 30hr's, Lee 100 rbi's?]

Whoever they are, I don't think they'll be around in '05. Ozzie's managerial career [and KW's career as GM] is tied up w/ the 2005 Sox. If some players care more about their numbers than winning, why keep them around? Esp if KW can trade them for a decent return. And no one on the Sox is worthless [like Billy Koch] or has a Maggs like contract that another team wouldn't or couldn't take on.

If carlos really desperately wanted that RBI, there was a pretty damn sure way of getting it, in the 7th....

Squeeze play... I know ozzie's never heard of it before, but he had the fastest guy on the team on third, and it didn't have to be a suicide. just put the damn ball in play and willie's gonna score.

If carlos really desperately wanted that RBI, there was a pretty damn sure way of getting it, in the 7th....

Squeeze play... I know ozzie's never heard of it before, but he had the fastest guy on the team on third, and it didn't have to be a suicide.  just put the damn ball in play and willie's gonna score.

That may have made me believe just a tiny bit that ''ozzie ball'' works.

It is a damn shame though that he doesn't even know what ''ozzie ball'' is.

Squeeze play... I know ozzie's never heard of it before, but he had the fastest guy on the team on third, and it didn't have to be a suicide.  just put the damn ball in play and willie's gonna score.

Lee can't bunt. But if he hit one of his patented easy flyballs to the OF, Lee would have had his 100th.

But Ozzie going out of his way to help a guy who "cares more about his numbers than winning" would send the wrong message. Now if it were Rowand or Uribe then Ozzie probably would have gone out of his way to get them their numbers.