• Anahiem
    • Minny
    • New York
    • Boston
    • Los Angeles
    • St. Louis
    • Atlanta
    • Houston

Well - thank God the Cubs aren't in it, for one. This year, I'll actually be able to enjoy the playoffs, rather than having to endure every day that the Cubs were still in the playoffs...

But - I think I'll be cheering for the Cardinals. They were actually my first beloved team in baseball, before I became a Sox fan. I want to see how their offense performs against playoff caliber pitching.

There will definitely be some teams I'll be cheering against. New York and LA are definitely teams I'll be cheering against. New York for the obvious reason, and LA because my brother likes them and I usually cheer against teams my brother likes (except the Sox).

I won't mind if Houston, Atlanta, or Anahiem win it; I'd be happy for all of those teams if they were to win it.

Boston - ehh, I think I'm kind of rooting against (sorry redandwhite). Then again, I'm kind of on the fence about them. I actually like most of their players, but some of their fans kind of piss me off, but oh well. I'll just say I'm indifferent to them...

And finally, Minnesota. I think if they were to win the World Series, it might really hurt this team. If they were to win, they'd get an instant boost in attendence for next year, which means more payroll - and if they actually have money to spend, that means another year of Radke, plus the possibility of them adding even more players to an already pretty solid team. Then again, it might jumpstart this Sox franchise to get going - but I doubt that would happen.

Who do you want to win, though? And why?

Oops, you wanted why.

The Astros are about as close to a hometown team as I get. I've become a big Clemens fan, and love how they came back and played hard and won the wildcard.

Cards because of Tony Larussa. Always liked him, wish he was still with the Sox.

Red Sox have suffured long enough, and it would piss off the Yankees more than anyone else.

Twins because it will destroy that team chemistry when the egos come out and management doesn't show the proper respect (money) and give us a chance.

Negatives:

Dodgers have won enough. Ditto the Yankees. Ditto the Braves.

Neutral:

Angels would be intersting. I'm nit certain how it would fall. I would probably cheer Colon, but honestly cannot work up anything else for them.

I really wanted the Cardinals to win the World Series but now I look at the Astros and pretty much am undecided. Houston wins the Wild Card (something not very easy to win) without Andy, but Roger Clemens and Roy Oswalt are the only positives that I can think of in their starting rotation for the playoffs.

Then there’s Anaheim. There are some very good players that I enjoy watching and wouldn’t really mind to see them win it all. Boston is another good team. They once again win the Wild Card and have a real good chance of going deep again. 1918 is a long time ago (but 1917 is more!) so I’m going to have to wait and see my White Sox win the World Series first before the Red Sox do.

New York Yankees.... :fyou

Dodgers.... don’t really care about them. What I mean is that I wouldn’t like to see them go deep.

My top two: Houston and St. Louis.

Oh and Minnesota can go choke on something. :stick

Edited by Yoda

American League all the way. Part of me would like to see the Yankees lose in the first round, but if they do, every good free agent will be signed by them this winter. Whatever team represents the AL in the World Series is who I am pulling for.

I am almost always pulling for the AL team, but this year, it will be hard to not pull for the Astros or Cards.

I'm rooting for the Cards. I was really hoping the A's would have pulled out a couple of wins this weekend, but oh well. Why do I feel this way? I don't know. I usualy cheer for the AL team, but I'm not big fans of any of those teams. So I looked to the NL, and I've always like the Cards, so there ya go.

I don't really mind any of the NL teams and I like having the World Champ in the NL, but this year I especially hate 3 of the 4 AL teams. I despise the Yankees and the AL Cubs. The Twins I don't dislike, but I think they would end up bumping payroll if they won the WS so that would be bad.

Gotta go with Houston. They personally kicked the Cubs out of the playoffs.

St Louis would be choice #2 since the Cards are a great team with great fan support (who also hate the Cubs).

Every AL playoff team can kiss my ass this year.

I would have liked Oakland to get in. But, even though the Angels get on my nerves, they would be my AL choice.

The Cardinals have been my second favorite team for a long time, so I'm pulling for them. That could change if (more likely when) I move to tha Dallas area. I'll start pulling for the Rangers, I'm sure.

However, I will ALWAYS be a Sox fan, first and foremost.

Red Sox, for my friends' sake (even though they've had the Pats, it's not even close to the same thing), and also the celebration would be out of this world. I think the whole New England region would shut down for a week.

Red Sox, for my friends' sake (even though they've had the Pats, it's not even close to the same thing), and also the celebration would be out of this world.  I think the whole New England region would shut down for a week.

OMG ... Can you imagine what Gammons would be like all of 2005? No way on the BoSox.

I am almost always pulling for the AL team, but this year, it will be hard to not pull for the Astros or Cards.

I tend to agree with this sentiment.

However, I am not anti-Yankee like everyone else. I admire "King George" and the way he runs his club. If he needs a pitcher, he gets one. If he needs an OF, he gets one. George doesn't worry that player acquisitions may cut into his profit margin...he wants to win World Championships, first and foremost.

I would like to see STL or HOU win (if an AL team does not), mostly because it would really piss off cubs fans.

I tend to agree with this sentiment.

However, I am not anti-Yankee like everyone else. I admire "King George" and the way he runs his club. If he needs a pitcher, he gets one. If he needs an OF, he gets one. George doesn't worry that player acquisitions may cut into his profit margin...he wants to win World Championships, first and foremost.

I would like to see STL or HOU win (if an AL team does not), mostly because it would really piss off cubs fans.

Its pretty easy to spend a lot of money when you have the biggest ballpark, with the highest attendance, with the 2nd highest ticket prices, in the biggest marketplace, with the biggest TV contracts, and the biggest merchandising revenues.

Its kinda like being Microsoft and not understanding why Linnux can't afford to give a $50 billion divident to its shareholders.