Politte signs new contract with sox.

qwerty

I knew that was coming  :D

Just curious ... do you think Urbina would be a good addition, would he be the go to guy at closer?

Here is a bright spot about the way the bullpen is shaping up ...

They've said they want to get a closer, yet they have two other guys who've saved games (Shingo, Marte).  Depth at the closer spot, that's a good thing.

If we get Urbina as a closer, this team is set after the 5th inning. I also love the fact that we would be able to use both Damaso and Shingo whenever 6th-8th innings to be able to get whatever key out was needed, while still having Urbina at the end to slam the door.

If we get Urbina as a closer, this team is set after the 5th inning.  I also love the fact that we would be able to use both Damaso and Shingo whenever 6th-8th innings to be able to get whatever key out was needed, while still having Urbina at the end to slam the door.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Detroit holds a $4 million option on Urbina for next season. I think they had about 27 blown saves this year, I don't think they'll be letting Urbina go, especially as the FA closer market ain't very deep at all.