6 more dead

LowerCaseRepublican

those transport helicopters we use are up to 40 years old...im not sure what kind this one was but if it was one of the older ones like the one that crashed in iraq we might want to consider upgrading them...we have all the latest in technology and still use 40 year old copters :huh:

Does it seem that the majority of the casualties weve had in this war and the war in Afghanistan come from our own technological failures? I mean we have chopper crashes and friendly fire incidents, and then every blue moon someone dies in combat. Or so it seems...

Does it seem that the majority of the casualties weve had in this war and the war in Afghanistan come from our own technological failures? I mean we have chopper crashes and friendly fire incidents, and then every blue moon someone dies in combat. Or so it seems...

about 50% of the casualties in the gulf war in '91 (about 125) were conidered to be from friendly fire....when you consider it is much more dangerous to fight an army on its own land then it is to expell them from another country and with 280,000 troops involved i think the friendly fire incidents have been very few...but any incident should be considered one too many and it needs to be investigated so we can keep improving on this

There are few friendly fire incidents but there are also few casualties. With the stats you just gave, you can see that most of our casualties come from ourselves. We havent had many casualties in a war in a long time and if we could be a little more careful that amount of broken hearts would be even less...

well, so far all of the British aircraft shot down has been done by us

There are few friendly fire incidents but there are also few casualties. With the stats you just gave, you can see that most of our casualties come from ourselves. We havent had many casualties in a war in a long time and if we could be a little more careful that amount of broken hearts would be even less...

no arguement there...hopefully this is the last if the friendly fire

I hate all these accidents. These are things that the military will have to work on after the war and during it as well. You can't do much about the helicopters as they are pretty dangerous as is, but they can do something about working on less friendly fire and I believe that they will be doing exactly that.