Favortism

Butter Parque

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butter, I'm gonna side with you here. I saw your thread about JOhn Olerud and that was just plain rude and uncalled for. No doubt in my mind if Southsider or some other guy here made that, then those people would have been a lot... nicer to put it. Jason doesn't want long time posters scaring off newcomers, and I don't think he wants to be put into a category where people would say "Hey, don't even bother going to Soxtalk, it's too late for you to be in the in crowd, and just one maybe stupid comment or idea will have the hound dogs viciously attacking you."

Butter, I'm gonna side with you here. I saw your thread about JOhn Olerud and that was just plain rude and uncalled for. No doubt in my mind if Southsider or some other guy here made that, then those people would have been a lot... nicer to put it. Jason doesn't want long time posters scaring off newcomers, and I don't think he wants to be put into a category where people would say "Hey, don't even bother going to Soxtalk, it's too late for you to be in the in crowd, and just one maybe stupid comment or idea will have the hound dogs viciously attacking you."

What happen in that thread? I must have missed something. I read it and didn't see anything.

Well, for starters people were ripping him for assuming Konerko is the one being traded, when other people started saying Lee is the one who will be traded. There is no set evidence that either will be traded, but common sense tells us Konerko will be traded. We're low on outfielders as it is, and we have Gload ready to play first.

Butter clearly thought that Konerko was a few years older than Lee. Instead of calmly telling him that Lee and Konerko are actually of the same age, an unnamed person says something about a 3 month difference and "whoop-dee-f***ing-doo" including the eye roll smiley :rolly . Yeah, I'd be pissed off too. There's no need to try to make a fool of him.

Another unnamed poster tells him that "no we dont know Lee or Konerko will be traded". True enough, but then he says "thats just your speculation"... well, isn't this posters first comment his own speculation as well? There hasn't been proof that neither would be traded either, in fact, I'd say there's been more proof leaning towards the trading of one or the other instead of not trading them.

"He has less posts than I do, therefore I am of higher status than him, which therefore means I can do all I want to make a fool of him."

These are the vibes I'm getting.

Well, for starters people were ripping him for assuming Konerko is the one being traded, when other people started saying Lee is the one who will be traded. There is no set evidence that either will be traded, but common sense tells us Konerko will be traded. We're low on outfielders as it is, and we have Gload ready to play first.

Butter clearly thought that Konerko was a few years older than Lee. Instead of calmly telling him that Lee and Konerko are actually of the same age, an unnamed person says something about a 3 month difference and "whoop-dee-f***ing-doo" including the eye roll smiley :rolly . Yeah, I'd be pissed off too. There's no need to try to make a fool of him.

Another unnamed poster tells him that "no we dont know Lee or Konerko will be traded". True enough, but then he says "thats just your speculation"... well, isn't this posters first comment his own speculation as well? There hasn't been proof that neither would be traded either, in fact, I'd say there's been more proof leaning towards the trading of one or the other instead of not trading them.

"He has less posts than I do, therefore I am of higher status than him, which therefore means I can do all I want to make a fool of him."

These are the vibes I'm getting.

I saw all that, and I still don't see any problem.

ditto. that was horse s*** in its own nature.

I know right, that thread proved my point to a certain degree. It wasn't a full out attack like I had posted about but still. I mean I asked a simple question on whether the sox would sign Olerud and they refused to answer it. Instead they ganged up like the wolves they are and started nit-picking everything about the backround information. It's pretty obvious that there have been talks about about trading Lee or Konerko through the medai and these boards and it seems that Konerko would make the most sense, and thats what I posted. But instead of giving their input on Olerud, they decided to attack me about my statement on Konerko. I didn't ask them on their advise on that piece of info because frankly I don't care what they think on that, I asked them about Olerud. it's almost as if its impossible to post on here without being questioned and attacked.

Dude, you mentioned how the sox would be crazy to trade Lee before Konerko because Lee was younger as one of your reasons. Then when someone called you out on the fact that Lee is in fact 3 months younger than Konerko you gave him the old. "he's still younger :P ".

Keep that up and keep complaining about people ganging up on you and you'll gain a lot of respect around here.

It's a message board, people aren't going to agree with everything you have to say, grow some thicker skin.

No one is taking his side for fear that they will become hated by the admin and mod group. :rolly

Surprise, surprise.

If I'm a fairly new poster, I'd like someone to give me some respect. He's not asking for "respect me like the 10,000 posts guys" respect, he's simply asking you to stay on topic. He asks about Olerud and people start ganging up on him about Konerko and Lee and age difference.

This isn't a matter of having thick or thin skin. This is a matter of common respect. If you're a customer walking into Best Buy looking to buy a computer and is completely computer iliterate, would you want the guy helping you to scoff at everything you say and act like a snobby brat? Would you want him nitpicking over you wondering what the difference is between 128 MB of RAM or 512? Or just acting like you're a complete idiot because you don't know what RAM is?

I'd be leaving that store. I mean, Christ, at least have the decency to reply as to whether or not you think Olerud would be good on this team and why.

No one is taking his side for fear that they will become hated by the admin and mod group.  :rolly

IMO, this is a really crazy thing to say.. here of all places. Not agreeing with mods and admins is something they (IMO) thrive on :lol:. It makes this place fun to know that you can have a disagreement and not be banned for it. As for respect.. who gives a s*** if you have 10 or 10,000,000 posts (i.e.. southsider - as most of us know he's full of s*** most of the time :P ). It's more about substance. I have no idea about the Olerud thread as I didn't read, my issue with butter came about in the Konerko thread when he claims Paul made a statement, with no proof to back it up, which sums up to bulls*** - IMO. And that's where a poster loses respect from me. To get respect you must give it.. I think that's something we all agree on. And- IMO - calling out admins and mods in a thread like this is a complete lack of respect. This is the 3rd time in the past 2 months this s*** has happened.. and that makes me sick. Not ONE of us "regular posters" contributes to the upkeep of this site.. be thankful you have Soxtalk to post at. Don't like it.. leave. And if you don't like something someone says to you.. deal with them versus whining like a baby and calling people out. You catch more flies with honey is how the saying goes...

I have to agree with Steff. You have to show respect to get respect. It seems to me if you have a problem with a Mod/Admin or anyone else for that matter you should PM them and have it out. Why bring everyone else into the pissing match? I'm not saying, I'm just saying here.

Are you kidding? Mods and Admins live for this stuff. It makes us feel important, like we actually have something to do :lol:

I have to agree with Steff. You have to show respect to get respect. It seems to me if you have a problem with a Mod/Admin or anyone else for that matter you should PM them and have it out. Why bring everyone else into the pissing match? I'm not saying, I'm just saying here.

Oh hell.. I think that's twice this month I've made sense here.. :unsure:

As for why some do it...? Who knows. I know you boys like to measure pee pees... but for crying out loud at least do it over something important.. :lol:

As for respect.. who gives a s*** if you have 10 or 10,000,000 posts (i.e.. southsider - as most of us know he's full of s*** most of the time  :P ).

Maybe not you, but obviously many posters do take post count as a guage for respectability. No doubt in my mind if a poster with a couple thousand posts under his belt posts that Olerud thread, people reply what they think about Olerud.

It's more about substance. I have no idea about the Olerud thread as I didn't read, my issue with butter came about in the Konerko thread when he claims Paul made a statement, with no proof to back it up, which sums up to bulls*** - IMO. And that's where a poster loses respect from me. To get respect you must give it..

One strike and you're out? And how is failing to recite a source not giving respect to you?

I think that's something we all agree on. And- IMO - calling out admins and mods in a thread like this is a complete lack of respect.

Perhaps so, but I can see his leverage. No ones responding him with any respect whatsoever, he obviously likes the place enough to care for it and make it known that a few new posters are being treated like crap.

This is the 3rd time in the past 2 months this s*** has happened.. and that makes me sick. Not ONE of us "regular posters" contributes to the upkeep of this site.. be thankful you have Soxtalk to post at. Don't like it.. leave. And if you don't like something someone says to you.. deal with them versus whining like a baby and calling people out. You catch more flies with honey is how the saying goes...

We may not contribute, but I doubt the guys who do want people to run around insulting newer posters and acting like assholes on their webspace. They pay so anyone and everyone can come and talk Sox, not so they can post an idea and have a few jagbags nitpick about little things. I would also think that they wouldn't want people not joining SOxtalk because there is already a set "in crowd". I've been to many a message board in my day, and if this keeps up we'll have a few guys post 15 or 20 times and then leave. This kills them.

Steff, your missing the whole point, you lose respect for someone after on epost. Thats pretty bad. There is now ay to prove that he said it. I heard it from Hawk. Can you find 1 article that mentions that Tjomas said the same thing a year ago? No, but most people on here heard that and regard it as a fact. it sthe same with Konerko. You have no right to judge and take sides when you don't know yourself. Prove me wrong, and then I'll agree with you. But you can't, so your in no position to judge. I didn't post this thing to go after the admin's, frankly it doesn't matter to me what they think of it. I posted it for the people who are abused on here.