Favortism

Butter Parque

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steff, your missing the whole point, you lose respect for someone after on epost. Thats pretty bad. There is now ay to prove that he said it. I heard it from Hawk. Can you find 1 article that mentions that Tjomas said the same thing a year ago? No, but most people on here heard that and regard it as a fact. it sthe same with Konerko. You have no right to judge and take sides when you don't know yourself. Prove me wrong, and then I'll agree with you. But you can't, so your in no position to judge. I didn't post this thing to go after the admin's, frankly it doesn't matter to me what they think of it. I posted it for the people who are abused on here.

I lost respect for you with your responses.. many of them, not just 1.

And yes.. Frank's comments were well documented, as would Paul's had HE said them.

I have every right to judge and take a side.. it's called an opinion.

You didn't post a thread about favortism to take a shot at those getting favortism... yea.. umm.. ok.

Abused.. on a internet message board... :crying

Hysterical.

I lost respect for you with your responses.. many of them, not just 1.

And yes.. Frank's comments were well documented, as would Paul's had HE said them.

I have every right to judge and take a side.. it's called an opinion.

You didn't post a thread about favortism to take a shot at those getting favortism... yea.. umm.. ok.

Abused.. on a internet message board...  :crying

Hysterical.

This is proof that you can get respect without showing respect.

Steff, I just want you to prove he didn't say it. You can't, so your in no position to say anything.

Why should I have to do your work for you..? You made a claim. You back it up. Until you do so.. you lied. Plain and simple. Nothing personal.. I call a spade a spade. Paul's way more PC than to say something so stupid. I'm siding with common sense in my belief that he did not, and would not, ever say such a thing.

And I'm sorry if you don't like my commenting on the matter.. but it's my right and I will continue to call out that bulls*** claim you made.

OK, steff, show me the written documents about Frank. You say they're well documented, so I'm sure you wiould be able to find them on the internet. If you can, then I'll give up my argument right now and bow down to you.

Real quickly - I'm heading to a meeting in a few minutes.. see the "scouting reports" section. Then.. go ahead and do a Yahoo or MLB search.. it's all there for ya kiddo.

http://baseball.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4527

"A .321 career hitter through the 2000 season, Thomas hasn't hit above .267 since then, in part because of problems with the strike zone and frequent changes in his approach. He seemed to recognize his limitations in the second half of 2003, when he admitted that he was adopting a swing-for-the-fences mentality."

Real quickly - I'm heading to a meeting in a few minutes.. see the "scouting reports" section. Then.. go ahead and do a Yahoo or MLB search.. it's all there for ya kiddo.

http://baseball.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4527

"A .321 career hitter through the 2000 season, Thomas hasn't hit above .267 since then, in part because of problems with the strike zone and frequent changes in his approach. He seemed to recognize his limitations in the second half of 2003, when he admitted that he was adopting a swing-for-the-fences mentality."

pwn3d

Steff, I just want you to prove he didn't say it. You can't, so your in no position to say anything.

I think what really is being debated here is not favoratism, but credibility.

Yes, some posters here, after making thousands of posts that have proven to be accurate, have less of a threshold to cross to be believed.

Put another way. If Rex Hudler, 2003 Soxtalk Baseball Analyst of the Year, makes a statement about the Sox, I am going to believe it. He has thousands of credible posts. If someone making their second post states the same thing, I am going to be more wary of accepting it as fact.

You may believe everyone equally, but most of the world doesn't. I would hope you have greater trust in what your best friend says compared to a total stranger. The check isn't always in the mail.

And finally, in this specific case a body of evidence is starting to build.

A. Among dozens of avid Sox fans, only you heard it.

B. Google searches turn up nothing.

C. Searces at the Tribune, Sun-Times, and Southtown turned up zero.

now go into the Olerud thread and see how mr. zero and someone else are going at it. The thread had to be closed by southsider. Things are changing on here, I know I'm not crazy on that.

Ugh.. no thank you. It's called MYOB. And I do it when things don't concern me.

:chair Prove a person didn't say something? WTF?

What source would run a story like "Konerko Doesn't Say Important Thing!"? This reasoning is like saying "I have a civilization of invisible unicorns in my pants. You can't prove otherwise so I must be right." :chair :bang

:chair Prove a person didn't say something?  WTF?

What source would run a story like "Konerko Doesn't Say Important Thing!"? This reasoning is like saying "I have a civilization of invisible unicorns in my pants.  You can't prove otherwise so I must be right."  :chair  :bang

Actually that can be proven. You can test for a positive. Find one and the theory is false. Trying to prove a negative is a logical impossibility. You have to exhaust every option, before you could conclusively say it doesn't exist.

Now don't play me like an idiot, I might have been born at night, but not last night. Don't sit here and tell me there's no favortism on these boards because then you must be an idiot. Anyone who doesn't post here 50 times a day is treated like crap, so then you try and defend yourself, and they come back at you like a bunch of hienas. I wish "Dan Pasqua's Rec" was here to post, him and Chisoxfn have been the only ones on these boards who I have respected since I registered. They are the ones who present knowlegeable facts and ideas, not meaningless stats that prove nothing.

Favortism has run rampid on these boards and should be stopped. Hypocrisies have taken place, as well as unwarranted suspensions. When someone gets suspended for defending themselves and questioning the team, they should not be banned, this site has become like Cuba and it should stop. There are many that I do like on these boards, but a select few have come across as nasty, miserable human beings.

If I post something, i don't need everyone on here, attacking my statements calling me a liar. Who the hell do those people think they are? I'm not a kid, I don't need to be questioned about what I say. I love these boards and it's great that I can talk with fellow sox fans since I'm from out-of-state. But the aggravtion some give, isn't worth it. I think the Soxtalk boards would be much better if people would be allowed to speak their mind and feel comfortable when they post. It's not fair to the select few who post occasionaly or a bit more then occasionaly, to have to be attacked when they feel like posting something. Its those things that turn off people from these boards and leave people with a sour taste in their mouth. If some want me to name names about who these peope are that I'm talking about, say the word.

I'm just posting this, not out of anger, but to make the board more enjoyable and productive. This is not a rant, it's an effort to make the board better.

butter i post about a couple times a month and i dont it at all.

:chair Prove a person didn't say something?  WTF?

What source would run a story like "Konerko Doesn't Say Important Thing!"? This reasoning is like saying "I have a civilization of invisible unicorns in my pants.  You can't prove otherwise so I must be right."  :chair  :bang

thats not a lie i know he does have those unicorns

I still don't see any issue. The point is that favoritism exists in life. It's called clicks. To say it needs to fix is just wrong. I would say the problem is that people didn't agree with you so you called it favoritism. You failed to admit you were wrong or the obvious fact that this is all about opinions. You got mad at people for not agreeing with your opinion. Wow. You didn't support your opinion with any facts.

What really bugs me about this is that you are trying to ruin this site. It's people like you who start things that really make this place worse. It's a great place, please don't f*** it up. If you don't like it here, leave. You said you are doing this for the improvement of the site, but won't leave yourself. If you aren't going to leave, what is making you stay?