Favortism

Butter Parque

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about favorites got me to thinking of a few of my favorite things

Logging on and seeing a dozen new threads.

South Padres Island Sunsets and Sunrises, during the same all night party.

Full house to someone's straight

A great book

These are a few of my favorite things.

All this talk about favorites got me to thinking of a few of my favorite things

Logging on and seeing a dozen new threads.

South Padres Island Sunsets and Sunrises, during the same all night party.

Full house to someone's straight

A great book

These are a few of my favorite things.

:headbang :headbang

Yeah I seriously think this has gotten out of hand. Butter took it too far granted, but lets just forget about this shiz... at least till it springs up again. Hopefully it wont but unfortunately we know it probably will... ;)

Now don't play me like an idiot, I might have been born at night, but not last night. Don't sit here and tell me there's no favortism on these boards because then you must be an idiot. Anyone who doesn't post here 50 times a day is treated like crap, so then you try and defend yourself, and they come back at you like a bunch of hienas. I wish "Dan Pasqua's Rec" was here to post, him and Chisoxfn have been the only ones on these boards who I have respected since I registered. They are the ones who present knowlegeable facts and ideas, not meaningless stats that prove nothing.

Favortism has run rampid on these boards and should be stopped. Hypocrisies have taken place, as well as unwarranted suspensions. When someone gets suspended for defending themselves and questioning the team, they should not be banned, this site has become like Cuba and it should stop. There are many that I do like on these boards, but a select few have come across as nasty, miserable human beings.

If I post something, i don't need everyone on here, attacking my statements calling me a liar. Who the hell do those people think they are? I'm not a kid, I don't need to be questioned about what I say. I love these boards and it's great that I can talk with fellow sox fans since I'm from out-of-state. But the aggravtion some give, isn't worth it. I think the Soxtalk boards would be much better if people would be allowed to speak their mind and feel comfortable when they post. It's not fair to the select few who post occasionaly or a bit more then occasionaly, to have to be attacked when they feel like posting something. Its those things that turn off people from these boards and leave people with a sour taste in their mouth. If some want me to name names about who these peope are that I'm talking about, say the word.

I'm just posting this, not out of anger, but to make the board more enjoyable and productive. This is not a rant, it's an effort to make the board better.

I have said there is favoritism here since Day 1, and have been "gang-attacked" several times as proof.

I'm with you Butter...if you have an opinion that is different than that of the "cronies", you are gonna get pummelled, a lot of the time by people who would never let facts get in the way of their opinion.

Fight the good fight!

:headbang

I have said there is favoritism here since Day 1, and have been "gang-attacked" several times as proof.

I'm with you Butter...if you have an opinion that is different than that of the "cronies", you are gonna get pummelled, a lot of the time by people who would never let facts get in the way of their opinion.

Fight the good fight!

:headbang

You've been "ganged up" on for political things.. not stupid BS lies posted on the PH board. Big difference.

You've been "ganged up" on for political things.. not stupid BS lies posted on the PH board. Big difference.

I do not know what Butter said, or where he said it, or in what context.

That doesn't matter.

My point is that it seems to me that there are people on Soxtalk who's opinions matter more than other's SOLELY because they know one another or have been on Soxtalk longer. That is WRONG!

That doesn't matter.

My point is that it seems to me that there are people on Soxtalk who's opinions matter more than other's SOLELY because they know one another or have been on Soxtalk longer. That is WRONG!

It does matter.

Perhaps you should read up on what happened because it doesn't support this argument. He claims he was ganged up on because of favortism, but in reality he was ganged up on because he posted a BS lie, and was called on it.

That doesn't matter.

Shhhhhh.....I hear dead people :rolly

So many conspiracy theories so little time...this thread amuses me :violin

That doesn't matter.

Their opinions matter more to who?

OK let's have a rule that every person's opinion matters.

Treat each person with respect.

If you do not treat each person with respect, and there are personal attacks a mod or admin will close the thread.

Oops, when we do close a thread we have a censorship thread opened in 2 seconds.

So what's it going to be?

Edited by Texsox

A comment Konerko supposedly made. It really was no big deal until he started getting s***ty about it.

And now he's being a little attention whore once again in the "Is Frank a Hall Of Famer?" thread. People are putting together well-constructed arguments for Frank, and he counters with "Thomas nor Bagwell should be in". Is that it? Wow, thanks for playing and come again. ;)

And I'm not playing favorites here. Actually, I don't even like any of you.

Wino DUDE!!  That was you! ?! Whoa, sorry.  I think I told you I was Vavclev Havel or something so you'd buy me beers.  :D

And why was FlaSoxxJim in Prague . . .

The Czech Beer Firsts are many and varied!

First in per capita beer consumption

First Beer Museum in the world

First beer brewing textbook

First Pilsener

First Budweiser

First president to have written an absurdist play based on his experiences working in a Czech beer brewery in AD 1974

The history of beer in the Czech Lands stretches back a thousand years, mirroring the ups and downs of Czech history through the ages. For more information, read Part One of the Radio Prague Czech Beer FAQ - History of Czech Beer!

Beer is considered a part of the national heritage of the Czech Republic. For more information than you ever wanted to know about Czech beer and the drinking thereof, read Part Two of the Radio Prague Czech Beer FAQ - Czech Beer Culture!

For a more detailed history on the Czech Lands, take a look at the Radio Prague History in a Nutshell Pages!

Check out our brand new (okay, not so brand new) list of Czech breweries, complete with interesting facts and even some cool beer labels!

Since the advent of budget flights from the UK, thousands of Britons have been flocking to Prague. Many are not coming to see the city's architectural splendours, but are instead interested in the cheap alcohol available here. A lot of these people consist of "stag parties" or large groups of men on a drinking spree, who are also not averse to sampling the dubious pleasures of Prague's booming sex industry.

Although the Czech tourist authority's official line is that all visitors to the country are welcome, there are many who are worried about this growing trend. A lot of locals are unhappy with what they perceive as their streets being taken over by loud, obnoxious groups of foreign drunkards, who often end up getting into fights or vomiting on the pavement.

Ian Donegan is a partner of the Prague Tour Service, a company whose business organises trips for a lot of stag parties. I asked Mr Donegan if there had been many unsavoury incidents involving these groups:

"Well there's been a few, but when you consider the amount of groups we've brought over here, it's been very small and the incidents have been mainly "hangover-related"... The groups that have come so far have been very good.... A lot of my friends, who have been here a long time, don't like their local [bars] being taken over by stag parties, but they also see the funny side of it. We're into almost our fourth year with stag groups, and I think they're starting to tolerate it now, as are the locals."

Robbie Norton, owner of Rocky O'Reilly's Irish Pub - an establishment which is well known in Prague for catering to stag groups - was also eager to debunk the negative image stag parties have in certain media quarters:

"I have very positive experiences of them - Yes they're noisy and a bit brash. But really I have put thousands and thousands of these people through the pub. We have no security; we have no doormen and - touch wood - for years we have not had a single incident. You know - apart from all the negative publicity we hear, I think there is actually a very positive side to it, because in the not-too-distant past we suffered a very serious flood here, and all our more traditional types of tourists who frequented Prague basically stopped coming. All of a sudden there were very cheap flights available from the UK and there were thousands of empty beds in Prague. These people filled the beds and they filled the bars and spent money. They leave an awful lot of money in the Czech economy, so I think the benefits [they bring] far outweigh the problems they cause."

And what about the stag groups themselves? I went to Rocky O'Reilly's last weekend and, as usual, the place was full of stag parties. I eventually found one group that was willing to take time out from drinking to share their impressions of Prague with me, but only after they had finished singing:

Stag-party member singing "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" very drunkenly

Radio Prague (RP): "So where are you guys from?"

Stag-Party Member (SPM): "Carlisle in England"

RP: "What was the attraction of coming to Prague?"

SPM: "Cheap drink and the women ... I think..."

RP: "Have you met with any negative reaction anywhere?"

SPM: "No, the local people are like back home, honestly. They're all really good...."

RP: "Are you doing anything else besides getting drunk the whole time?"

SPM: "Aye, we drink, we drink, we drink and then go to some bars where all the beautiful women are, but we don't do nothin'..."