The Most Annoying Sports Announcer?

elrockinMT

Wait a minute - is this supposed to be in green. It was Fisk who stood up to Deon Sanders. After Sanders popped up and just stood in the box, Fisk said run the f***ing ball out you piece of s***. You had to supply the cuss words from the quotes in the paper, but there is absolutely no doubt, it was Fisk.

Wrong. Well, partly wrong. Fisk did exactly as you said in the regular season. McCarver stood up to Sanders in the clubhouse when the Braves were celebrating a playoff victory. Earlier in the series McCarver had rightfully criticized Sanders for lack of hustle and poor defense, and Sanders tried to get back by dumping water on McCarver as he was interviewing other players. He did not do it playfully. After the third time, McCarver called him out on live TV and challenged him to "fight like a man" right then and there. I have liked McCarver ever since. Sanders was and is a jerk.

Wrong.  Well, partly wrong.  Fisk did exactly as you said in the regular season.  McCarver stood up to Sanders in the clubhouse when the Braves were celebrating a playoff victory.  Earlier in the series McCarver had rightfully criticized Sanders for lack of hustle and poor defense, and Sanders tried to get back by dumping water on McCarver as he was interviewing other players.  He did not do it playfully.  After the third time, McCarver called him out on live TV and challenged him to "fight like a man" right then and there.  I have liked McCarver ever since.  Sanders was and is a jerk.

You're right. Now I remember.

No worst announcer list is complete without The Mulllet, Jeff Brantley. Yankee loving drillrod compliments the organization at every available opportunity. Noteable quotes include declaring New York the immediate winner in the Loaiza/Contreras trade, and selecting the Cubs as the wild card winner because they're "America's team."  :bang

ESPN usually sticks him in the booth calling B-games with equally talentless bums such as Boomer, Tony Gwynn, or David Justice.

Drillrod? :unsure:

Most annoying annnouncer? Al Michaels, bar none.

He's an announcer, a color man, a sage a know it all; you must ask his permission to comment (until Madden came along, who has some credibility)

Second to worst? Mike Patrick

Pat Summerall was a breath of fresh air on ESPN SUnday night football

Most annoying annnouncer?  Al Michaels, bar none. 

He's an announcer, a color man, a sage a know it all; you must ask his permission to comment (until Madden came along, who has some credibility)

Second to worst?  Mike Patrick 

Pat Summerall was a breath of fresh air on ESPN SUnday night football

Really?? You like Pat Summerall, I can't stand him. :puke

He doesn't say much- that's why I like him; and he comments even less.  Michaels and Patrick can't stop yakking.

He's an old man now and his voice is shot, I will say.

Oh, I hate them too, they're also awful, however sumerall just really annoys me, especially when he says names completely wrong over and over again.

I could listen to Vin Scully any day.  He is one of the all-time greats.  It really surprises me that you don't like him Yas.  He has one of the best, most soothing voices.

What can I say, Rex? The man just bores me to no end. I respect him and I can appreciate what others see in him, but I'd rather listen to just about anyone else call a ballgame that's currently a play by play man.

What can I say, Rex?  The man just bores me to no end.  I respect him and I can appreciate what others see in him, but I'd rather listen to just about anyone else call a ballgame that's currently a play by play man.

Guess that is what makes the world go round, huh Yas. Then again, you are probably a UK fan too, which would explain a few things....... ;-)

Guess that is what makes the world go round, huh Yas.  Then again, you are probably a UK fan too, which would explain a few things.......  ;-)

To be honest, I'd only call myself a half-assed UK fan. And that's in hoops. Never even look at the football team. But then, who would?

i agree they are terrible how does espn find such awful baseball announcers

Jon Miller is one of the most highly regarded announcers in the game. He has broadcast for the Orioles and now the Giants (I believe) for many, many years. I have grown to like Morgan and Miller together less than I used to. They used to be one of the best pairs in the business.