Braves-Astros Game 4

It's tied 5-5 in the top of the 9th. The Braves were down 5-2 before a 3 run HR in the 6th. In the bottom of the 8th the Astros and 1st and 3rd with 2 outs. There was a groundball between 1st and 2nd, Giles from shallow RF throws over to Smoltz to barely get the out at 1st. Amazing play, and in the clutch. A managerial mistake by Garner forced Lidge out of the game after the 8th (he only pitched 1 inning). He needed a pinch hitter in the 8th and didn't do a double switch at the right time or something. Currently Springer is blowing away the Braves in the 9th.

I'm glad I jinxed Springer. He had 2 strikes on Furcal with 2 outs, nobody on. He hit him. First pitch to JD Drew, Furcal steals second. After taking 3 straight balls Drew got the count to 3-1. Looked at strike 2 and then drove a high fastball to right center, Braves lead 6-5.

Smoltz is now pitching with 1 out, Bagwell at 1st in the bottom of the 9th. Berkman is up in a long at bat.

Braves win! :headbang

1st and 3rd, 1 out Smoltz induces a double play! This Braves team is showing more fire and heart than past teams. They used to fold when down in the playoffs. In this game alone they showed more heart than in entire playoffs from previous years. Smoltz even yelled and went nuts when they won. :D

I hope I'm wrong, but I smell a Cub-like collapse a'comin'!

Astros have not been able to knock anyone out, EVER. They've lost every elimination game they've ever played.

Atlanta winning would be worse for the Cardinals, cuz the Braves always seem to match up well against them.

A Braves vs Yankees World Series would turn my television off QUICKLY.

Braves win! :headbang

1st and 3rd, 1 out Smoltz induces a double play! This Braves team is showing more fire and heart than past teams. They used to fold when down in the playoffs. In this game alone they showed more heart than in entire playoffs from previous years. Smoltz even yelled and went nuts when they won. :D

:puke