The Brilliant NFL

Jake Plummer, the QB of the Denver Broncos, is still wearing the #40 Pat Tillman patch on his helmet. He was Pat's teammate in Arizona, and now is looking to face a fine of up to 30,000 by the NFL for not taking the patch off. What the hell is the NFL thinking? Honestly how does that hurt ANYONE? I'm utterly confused.

Jake Plummer, the QB of the Denver Broncos, is still wearing the #40 Pat Tillman patch on his helmet. He was Pat's teammate in Arizona, and now is looking to face a fine of up to 30,000 by the NFL for not taking the patch off. What the hell is the NFL thinking? Honestly how does that hurt ANYONE? I'm utterly confused.

I totally agree with you. I don't understand what the NFLs motivation is for half of these new rules.

I remember when Unitas passed, Manning wanted to honor Unitas and wear the black hightop shoes that were Unitas' trademark.  The NFL wouldn't allow for it, because it didn't match the uniform of the team.

I forget who it was, but the Ravens QB actually did do it. I don't see the big deal, but the NFL is looking to be consistent, no matter what. It is silly, but it is the NFL.