Pedro's Midget

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A battle of the $$$$$.  Again.    :puke

Exactly. Oh boy the teams with the two biggest checkbooks get to play in the ALCS, whoopie. Just for once I would like to see the two best run teams make it, instead of the guys who can just pay to cover up their mistakes.

Yankees/Red Sox? I know I won't be watching.

Arguing with you guys about the Red Sox is like arguing with a brick wall. Obviously I am outnumbered with geniuses who know all about the Boston fan base, etc. It's clear that you guys don't like the Red Sox and thats fine but a reason with some merit behind it might help.

I would think that since you guys hate peoples thinking when they consider the White Sox the poor, "gangster", hoodlum type team that you wouldn't make stupid and unfare judgements about the Red Sox. I guess I was wrong.

Exactly, I could watch a baseball game regardless of the teams involved, the score, whatever.

I am a diehard Red Sox fan, but above all a baseball fan and Bones, I agree with you, fans like zero and wsf are what is wrong with baseball.

I'm sorry? Did I insult your stupid ass teams that just pay money to win? I'd rather see different teams in the playoffs year in year out then the big spenders.

Your team is whats wrong with baseball. They're such f***ing hypocrites. "Those bastards in New York spend a lot so we'll call them evil." Then they turn around and buy everything they need too. We need more teams like the Twins. I'd rather see the Sox win with a low payroll then go out on the FA market and buy Martinez, Renteria, and Beltre just to guarantee a playoff spot.

Exactly. Oh boy the teams with the two biggest checkbooks get to play in the ALCS, whoopie. Just for once I would like to see the two best run teams make it, instead of the guys who can just pay to cover up their mistakes.

Yankees/Red Sox? I know I won't be watching.

BRAVO!!! His glasses are so colored red that he doesn't realize what all us low market team fans realize, that all the big market teams are piles of s***.

Arguing with you guys about the Red Sox is like arguing with a brick wall.  Obviously I am outnumbered with geniuses who know all about the Boston fan base, etc.  It's clear that you guys don't like the Red Sox and thats fine but a reason with some merit behind it might help.

I think arguing with you is more like arguing with a brick wall. See above post.

I'm sorry? Did I insult your stupid ass teams that just pay money to win? I'd rather see different teams in the playoffs year in year out then the big spenders.

Your team is whats wrong with baseball. They're such f***ing hypocrites. "Those bastards in New York spend a lot so we'll call them evil." Then they turn around and buy everything they need too. We need more teams like the Twins. I'd rather see the Sox win with a low payroll then go out on the FA market and buy Martinez, Renteria, and Beltre just to guarantee a playoff spot.

Oh I forgot the other teams pay in chocolate. And they are not stupid for spending money...they would be stupid if they had money and didn't spend it.

This is the best series possible. The last one was great, I hope this one is as dramatic.

I hate the Yankees, so go Red Sox!

How someone could skip this series is beyond me. This is the oldest rivalry in baseball, and the best rivalry of teams in the same league (only rivalry that is better is sox-cubs)

Pedro, Schilling, Manny, A-Rod, Jeter, and Rivera in one series...yea I am not going to watch this, what a sucky match up

BRAVO!!! His glasses are so colored red that he doesn't realize what all us low market team fans realize, that all the big market teams are piles of s***.

:lol:

Classy post. So basically your saying, Big Market teams are piles of s*** because you are jealous that they sellout day in and day out and are jealous that the team you root for doesn't have the resources to do that.

Again, classy.

:rolly

:lol:

Classy post.  So basically your saying, Big Market teams are piles of s*** because you are jealous that they sellout day in and day out and are jealous that the team you root for doesn't have the resources to do that.

Again, classy.

:rolly

Personally I would say that I don't like big market teams because they are ruining the game. They are making so that at least a dozen teams on openning day every year, go into the season knowing that they have zero chance of winning anything that particular year. They go into the season knowing dispite the fact that they have drafted and developed a few incredible players, they will have to put that player up for bids because they know they won't be able to afford him because of the bloated salary structure. Instead they have to sit and pray that they can catch lightning in a bottle and hope that their attendance explodes enough where they can afford their starts instead of letting them walk away for draft picks. It is a bitter vicious cycle and it is costing MLB good markets. Look at places like Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, Cincinatti etc. No one goes to the games, no one cares.

Look no further than the NFL for a system that works. Even a team at its worst has hope because the cost structure can't escape and bury them. Within a couple of years, those elite teams lose players because of salary concerns, and those bad teams can draft well and resign players to catch those teams. What hope do the Pittsburgh Pirates have of being good anytime soon? Any player that is worth anything is perpetually on the trading block.

No it isn't jealousy. It is love of the sport. It is love for MLB and not just the Yankees and Red Sox.

Whats creepier, the midget or the thing holding it?

:lol: For those who don't read the Guiness Book of World Records daily as I do that is actually a picture taken of the tallest living woman and the shortest living man (apparently Pedro's midget). I believe that 'woman' is no longer with us as she has passed on a while ago.

Therefore I'm definitely goin with C. Minny... :P

And Steff...I think that thing in zero's avatar is the woman from the sunday night sex show on oxygen channel. And apparently she has a dildo strapped to her chin, disturbing yes i agree :puke

Prove it.

Look no further than the Sons of Sam Horn, or the hundreds of other message boards there are across the internet. If that can't open up your eyes, I suggest a roadtrip to Boston and going to a Red Sox game or something of that sort.

There is a reason that every baseball player in baseball wants to play in Boston, there is a reason why the place is sold out day in and day out, and there is a reason why Boston is known for having the smartest fans in sports.

#1 Sports radio station in the country, Longest current sellout streak in sports, second biggest tv deal, etc.

If you would open your eyes, and look at the facts, its all there.

Look no further than the Sons of Sam Horn, or the hundreds of other message boards there are across the internet.  If that can't open up your eyes, I suggest a roadtrip to Boston and going to a Red Sox game or something of that sort.

So Boston has a lot of fans. I've never suggested that they didn't. That doesn't prove that they are all die-hards.

There is a reason that every baseball player in baseball wants to play in Boston

Never heard or read that one before. Guess you learn something new everyday.

there is a reason why the place is sold out day in and day out

By your logic, almost all Cubs fans are die-hards too.

The team wins and it's a classic ballpark. Those are probably two factors involved. Not because most of them are die-hards.

there is a reason why Boston is known for having the smartest fans in sports.

Personally, I've never thought that...not because I dislike the Red Sox, but rather because I've always thought of the Cardinals fans being some of the smartest in all of sports.

#1 Sports radio station in the country, Longest current sellout streak in sports, second biggest tv deal, etc.

There are other factors that go into that. Those do not prove to me that Boston is full of a die-hard fans.

I have opened my eyes, and I realize that there is no way you can prove that fan base A has the most die-hards, and fan base B has the fewest...it's unprovable, if you will.

What you have told me is all good points...but what it tells me is that the fans will come out when the team is doing well...they are good, loyal fans...but where will they be when/if the Red Sox ever tank again? If a salary cap is created, and the Red Sox lost 100 games one year...would the fans be there? Would these figures and statistics still hold true?

This reminds me a lot of the Indians run in the late 90s...the fans basically said we will never leave, we are die-hards, etc. 2002 comes, they lose 90 games, and the fans stopped showing up. Go figure, huh?

Look no further than the Sons of Sam Horn, or the hundreds of other message boards there are across the internet.  If that can't open up your eyes, I suggest a roadtrip to Boston and going to a Red Sox game or something of that sort.

There is a reason that every baseball player in baseball wants to play in Boston, there is a reason why the place is sold out day in and day out, and there is a reason why Boston is known for having the smartest fans in sports.

I can go to the ballpark of any team and almost every damn fan in that stadium wants their team to win. Your team isn't special. It's just another team. The only thing making it different is the fact that it's loaded with all stars. I'm not jealous of your team, I'm jealous of the Minnesota Twins and the Florida MArlins. Why would I be jealous of your team? ANyone can open their checkbook and spend some money. What the Twins and Marlins did was actual work in their front office. Serious scouting, developing, and work went into those teams. These are what I wish the White Sox could be, not some 120 million dollar bull.

Once again, take off your red f***ing glasses and look through the eyes of the fan of the normal team. Teams that aren't the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, Angels, Mets, etc.

You shouldn't be trying to turn us into Red Sox fans. We hate them. Get over it. They're just the Yankee Jrs. is all.

I can go to the ballpark of any team and almost every damn fan in that stadium wants their team to win. Your team isn't special. It's just another team. The only thing making it different is the fact that it's loaded with all stars. I'm not jealous of your team, I'm jealous of the Minnesota Twins and the Florida MArlins. Why would I be jealous of your team? ANyone can open their checkbook and spend some money. What the Twins and Marlins did was actual work in their front office. Serious scouting, developing, and work went into those teams. These are what I wish the White Sox could be, not some 120 million dollar bull.

Once again, take off your red f***ing glasses and look through the eyes of the fan of the normal team. Teams that aren't the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, Angels, Mets, etc.

You shouldn't be trying to turn us into Red Sox fans. We hate them. Get over it. They're just the Yankee Jrs. is all.

Beautiful. :notworthy