Gil Heredia

Bighurt52235

Stewart and Rauch are the two they are looking at. I don't think Heredia has much of a chance but who knows. They expected to already know whether he would be sticking around.

I'd also count Matt Ginter as a possible starter if things get out of hand. Hopefully we won't have to worry about these things. Oh ya, I'll mention Felix Diaz as well.

The one thing I like is that the Sox aren't going to have to rush many prospects anymore, which means the pitchers and hitters can take their time in the minors, making adjustments, etc.

Stewart and Rauch are the two they are looking at.  I don't think Heredia has much of a chance but who knows.  They expected to already know whether he would be sticking around. 

I'd also count Matt Ginter as a possible starter if things get out of hand.  Hopefully we won't have to worry about these things.  Oh ya, I'll mention Felix Diaz as well. 

The one thing I like is that the Sox aren't going to have to rush many prospects anymore, which means the pitchers and hitters can take their time in the minors, making adjustments, etc.

To me, that is a very big key. And it is this fact that impresses me the most about Kenny Williams. He has set this up, and now it will work to his advantage. Even in the payroll dept. Example: Joe Crede was in AAA till the brought him up last year, except for an occasional cup of coffee promotion. If Crede had been brought up at the beginning of 2001 and developed while on the major league roster, he'd be 2 years closer to arbitration eligibilty than he currently is. That keeps payroll down, to where we might be able to pick up a player or two to help this team out.