Royce Ring

whitesox247

Royce Ring Article

As Ring moves up the White Sox ladder, he realizes he'll have to become a more complete pitcher in order to continue that success. He had a 3.21 ERA and 31 strikeouts in his 28 innings last year, but could still live off of his fastball in A ball. Starting this season in the Southern League and beyond, he'll need to perfect command of all three of his pitches: fastball, slider and changeup.

Royce Ring Article

As Ring moves up the White Sox ladder, he realizes he'll have to become a more complete pitcher in order to continue that success. He had a 3.21 ERA and 31 strikeouts in his 28 innings last year, but could still live off of his fastball in A ball. Starting this season in the Southern League and beyond, he'll need to perfect command of all three of his pitches: fastball, slider and changeup.

Is Royce a lefty or a righty?

Guest hotsoxchick1
you will all pay for past sins by being at the Cell and chanting GO ROYCE

and I will love it!  :lol:  :headbang

ive never been at the cell chanting go royce.........come to think of it i dont recall chanting royces name ever..........now chanting mvp when he was up to bat is a completely different story............. :D

lefty

How long til he's expected to be a threat to make the Sox squad? He's what, just going up to AA from A, so I figure maybe we'll be hearing his name in the Spring of 2005?

Clujer considering he was drafted last year... and wont have to be place on the 40-man roster till the end of this year(or is it next?) we have time to bring him along slow. Although he has been slated to go to the Barons... Some think he should go back to High A. My bet is they have him on a 2 year time table.... he was drafted as a senior from SDS.... This year at AA next year at AAA for a bit and then to the majors... as Koch will be a FA... Then we hand the closer ball to Someone else and make Ring Setup....

The question is whether they move him to the rotation or not. If they move him to the rotation he'll be back in a ball, otherwise he'll likely start off in AA. They are definately jumping him through quickly, and it would probably be wisest to start him off in high a, and then move him to AA early on, but that probably won't happen.

The question is whether they move him to the rotation or not.  If they move him to the rotation he'll be back in a ball, otherwise he'll likely start off in AA.  They are definately jumping him through quickly, and it would probably be wisest to start him off in high a, and then move him to AA early on, but that probably won't happen.

They wont move him to the rotation till they give him a chance at the closer job...

They drafted a closer to be a closer.

I didn't see anything about Ring being a starter in that article. It did say that Ring would start this season with Birmingham, but I took that as he'd begin the season there. not that he would be in Birmingham's rotation.