High Speed, Finally...

kapkomet

I got my DSL and hooked it all up. Green lights on the power, ethernet, and DSL buttons.. but my computer is not finding the modem... any suggestions?

I've re-booted so that's not the problem.

Did you install the modem drivers?

There should be a cd or disk that came with the modem. Or, try your Windows cd.

Did you install the modem drivers?

There should be a cd or disk that came with the modem.  Or, try your Windows cd.

Yea.. I have the SBC DSL disk and it stops and says it can't find the modem. It's probably defective. I told you guys I would eff this up. :bang

Yea.. I have the SBC DSL disk and it stops and says it can't find the modem. It's probably defective. I told you guys I would eff this up.  :bang

OK, go to your start button on your desktop. Then select settings, then control panel, then system. Under system find the device manager. Check in there to see if it's recognizing a modem.

Call the help line.... I had probs with my install and they walked me through it.

I called last night... 3 hours later.. they still had not come on the line (I was working at home with the speaker phone on). I'll try again tonight.

On the phone with them again last night.. turns out it's an SBC issue on their end...  :rolly

So they said it should be fixed today or tomorrow.

I told you all this would be f'd up.  :angry: My luck.

Just imagine what it would be like to be the guy who hooks up the internet the first time and it works.... :angry:

I dont like that guy

It really is stuning the difference. I go by buddies house who has 56K and its "s***, I dont know what I would do without DSL"

Let me put it this way, if I ever go down to 56K, you guys will just have to get used to not having my posts.

I guess now I just have to wait until heads and 2k call my cable provider and convince them to pull my serivce :lol:

But seriously, dialup is awful. I'd almost never use the computer if I had to wait for sites to load and what not.

Let me put it this way, if I ever go down to 56K, you guys will just have to get used to not having my posts.

I guess now I just have to wait until heads and 2k call my cable provider and convince them to pull my serivce  :lol:

But seriously, dialup is awful.  I'd almost never use the computer if I had to wait for sites to load and what not.

Exactly, now you know why I was here very little for the last three weeks. Dial up sucks ass.

I guess now I just have to wait until heads and 2k call my cable provider and convince them to pull my serivce  :lol:

But seriously, dialup is awful.  I'd almost never use the computer if I had to wait for sites to load and what not.

[ss waits on hold]