Looking for your opinions

I wa strying to figure this out, if you consider ONLY mens' basketball AND football, what college is the best all around?

e.g. UNC has a great basketball program but their football program sucks.

Miami has a great football program, but their hoops are weak.

The ones I came up with are Florida and Georgia, both are pretty good at basketball and football.

Any others?

Georgia

Florida

Oklahoma State

Louisville

Texas

Wisconsin

I agree with those, except I think Louisville has a few years to prove themselves in football.

I'd add ND and Michigan on there. Michigan's bball is improving.

...and once Matt Painter takes over I have full faith he will bring Purdue back in bball in 2-3 years.

Louisville should definitely be in that group. They should have beaten Miami 2 days ago, and they have talent everywhere. They have arrived.

Wharris1 had a great list. Texas Tech is another team that should be mentioned, maybe a tier lower than the others though. FSU also, football is there and basketball is definitely improving.

Stanford usually wins the President's Trophy every year for overall athletic achievement.

I would say Michigan, UCLA, Texas, Miami (FL), Notre Dame, Ohio St., Maryland, Syracuse, Connecticut and Georgia are all up there in the higher levels of quality overall athletics programs.

Let's make it a little more fun, shall we?  What teams would you say are the best all around if you did football, basketball, and Baseball?

I'd have to do:

1. Texas

2. Stanford

3. Miami

FSU is up there too. Top 10 in football and baseball, basketball team is coming along.

Stanford always wins the Sears trophy for top athletic programs and UNC is always second. Its not suprising either, Stanfords athletic endowment is insane.

Yeah basically, follow the $$$.

as a side note, what ever happened to oscar davenport?

I think he ended up as a QB in the CFL and other various football leagues. Its too bad also, he had alot of talent. Just never put it together.

Haha, it's such a reach of a reference, but I was thinking of that game tonight (I think it was 1998?) and started wondering what ever became of him. Carolina came into that game hyped up, and they put up a hell of a fight. It's tough to win in Doak, and the final if I remember right was like 10-3. Peppers must have been on that team too, but I don't remember him having an impact. He was probably a young pup.