Red Cubs Look Like Shit

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 1st inning it looked like Lowe was about to s*** his pants.

He looks pretty confident to me. Gets out of a tough situation in the 2nd by inducing, you guessed it, a ground ball. I still think he may be a good fit for us next year.

EDIT: I wish Garland's sinker was as good as Lowe's. That pitch to K Sierra was nassssty.

I actaully didnt think so at all. When did he look scared? He got Jeter out on the 1st pitch, Arod k'd, and I dont even recall what happed with Sheff.

I really think Lowe could work at the Cell. Good D around him and he could be solid.

Whatever, JMO.

When he stepped on the mound at the start of the game he just looked nervous/scared to me. JMO.

comparing the Red Sox to the Cubs, saying your not going to watch the games but do, you guys are so pathetic.

Personally, I agree and think you are pathetic too! :lol:

Oh, and I have only watched game 1 so far. I've seen a couple innings of game 4 now.

Edited by danman31

:rolly

Your reactions are as priceless as anything. We all have biases, it's what being a fan is all about. It's funny that you continue to laugh of us. If you don't like the Red Sox bias here, then you can go f*** off. If you can take it or at least ignore it, then by all means stay, you are a solid non Red Sox poster.

I like how you always want us to give reasoning as to why we hate certain teams. You don't need reasons to hate a team. When you decide you like or don't like something you don't think, 'Wow, I hate the Yankees and Red Sox, they spend so much money, they win, they are whiny' etc. My point is that you just hate a team because you do. The reasoning comes later.

Also, I find it funny how you seem to take it personally how you take offense when others dislike the Red Sox and make fun of them.

I have actually like gone out of my way and watched like 3 innings of the 3+ games. I was at the bowling alley for game 1 and was really only paying close attention because I wanted to see if Mussina could be perfect. If you are out and about and the game is on, are you going to watch it?

And the Red Sox to the Cubs...how is that NOT a good comparison? Neither franchise has won a World Series in forever, and both of their droughts are way, way overplayed by the media and the fans. Both team's have histories full of getting close to the Series, or getting close to actually winning the whole entire thing, but then choking right when they need a win/play the most. In 1975, the Sawks took the Reds to game 7 of the World Series, and lost. They had a 1-game playoff aginst New York in 1978, and lost. They were 1 out away from winning the 86 series, and Buckner let it go between his legs, and they lost. They got to the ALCS in 99, and got b****slapped by the Yankees. They were 5 outs away from going to the Series(and probably winning it all) last year, and Pedro gave up the lead, and they lost. This year, they have been totally manhandled by the Yankees, and will lose(sense a pattern yet?). To compare, the Cubs were close to getting to the World Series in 1984, and Leon Durham let one slip between his legs. In 1998, they really had no shot. Last year, they too were 5 outs away from getting to the Series...then Bartman tried to catch a ball that was into the stands(and you can't tell me he had no right to try to catch that ball, because almost any fan would have), and Gonzalez booted a taylormade DP ball that would have ended the inning, and the rest was history.

Comparing the Cubs and Red Sox is like comparing Fetticini Alfredo to Macaroni and Cheese...yeah, they have there are large differences, but basically, they are the same thing.

Comparing the Cubs and Red Sox is like comparing Fetticini Alfredo to Macaroni and Cheese...yeah, they have there are large differences, but basically, they are the same thing.

Which is what you would expect from an AL team as compared to an NL team. Different type of team (due to DH etc), yet for their respective leagues they are similar. The fans of Boston are more intelligent, cocky for no apparent reason, and whiny.