Mike Lowell to be traded?

israel4ever

What position does Polanco play? 

I've always thought he was 3B, but on this board, I've seen secondbase and shortstop as well.  Is he super-utility?

He was moved to 3b at one point last year and played some games there this year, but predominantly played second base. I don't know if he's got good range, but he has a very good career fielding percentage.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was moved to 3b at one point last year and played some games there this year, but predominantly played second base.  I don't know if he's got good range, but he has a very good career fielding percentage.

I've heard that Polanco had great range... He's above average to a Gold Glover, depending on who you talk too...

Polanco had an .860 OBP after the All Star Break as well FWIW according to Ken Rosenthal. That can't be right can it?

A third possibility: 2B Placido Polanco, who recovered from a strained left calf to post an .860 on-base percentage after the All-Star break. ...

Could you imagine if we had someone batting 2nd that had an .860 obp??? :lol:

We wouldn't be able to drive him in anyways. Didn't we have the worst percentage of driving baserunners in from scoring position this season or something. I think I remember Cheat showing us a graph on the subject a few months back.

We wouldn't be able to drive him in anyways. Didn't we have the worst percentage of driving baserunners in from scoring position this season or something. I think I remember Cheat showing us a graph on the subject a few months back.

We were the best in baseball at driving 'em in...

But the worst in the AL in getting them there :crying

Mike Lowell - 3B - Marlins

If Mike Lowell is dealt prior to Nov. 1, he'll be able to demand a second trade this winter.

Veterans in the middle of multiyear deals are allowed to demand trades the winter after being dealt. In this case, though, Lowell would be traded early enough that he'd be able to demand the deal this offseason without even suiting up for his new team. Given that Lowell would prefer to become a free agent, he very likely would demand a second deal, which will ruin any market there was for him. It now looks like he'll become a free agent after Nov. 1. Oct. 17 - 1:08 pm et

From Rotoword.