Here's Somebody Who No one has talked about...

Butter Parque

Richie Sexson from Arizona. I am pretty sure he's unrestricted. he could be a good pick-up. He was out for the year with the shoulder injury. All of this is pending on whether he's healthy or not. If the Sox are seriously going to look at him, he could come cheaper then many think. Then you could have Sexson at 1st, and you could trade Konerko away.

I'm sure we need another 1b/DH we've already got 4....:rolly

Sexson will get 3yrs @ $10M, 4 @ $9M something like that.

Most likely from Seattle if they miss out on Delgado. Los Angeles will make a run at him too, if the D-Backs decide not to resign him. I think they have to though considering all the players they traded for him.

The one thing I like about Sexson is that he is lefty power, which this line up sorely lacks.  But we would have to deal PK quickly and get Sexson signed up to make this work.

SS2K4...Now I'm not gonna rebut what you said but read your statement very carefully and edit your post :lol: :P

I don't see any reason why we need Richie Sexson, .260 hitter, Big power, lots of strikeouts and oh SOOO right handed! Plus like Cheat said, we have about 4 or 5 Richie Sexson wannabes already

SS2K4...Now I'm not gonna rebut what you said but read your statement very carefully and edit your post  :lol:  :P

I don't see any reason why we need Richie Sexson, .260 hitter, Big power, lots of strikeouts and oh SOOO right handed! Plus like Cheat said, we have about 4 or 5 Richie Sexson wannabes already

damn I could have sworn he was a lefty :bang Nevermind, forget everything I said. Keep Pauly.

How can you say that? Richie Sexson is a pretty damn good baseball player. And he is a powerful lefty. He would be a solid addition to this team.

Just for clarification, Richie Sexson is a right-handed hitter, not lefty.

(Not trying to show you up, just letting everyone know.)

I guess it's not so much he sucks. He would just be way to expensive. Especially for a guy who sat out all of last year.

The most any team would pay for Sexson is probably around $7 mill, and while that is too much, you have to consider that he'd probably hit 50 homers in USCF.

In all likelyhood, he'll make between $3-5 mill next year.

Question...why does everyone think Sexson is lefty???????????

Who are you mixing him up with Geoff Jenkins? Cause hes a 6'7 lanky, right handed masher who can hit the crap out of the ball but also tends to not make contact.

Hes a great player when healthy but just not the type of player we need because we have a number of players very similar to him.

Although he probably would hit 45-50 homers at the cell

Question...why does everyone think Sexson is lefty???????????

Who are you mixing him up with Geoff Jenkins? Cause hes a 6'7 lanky, right handed masher who can hit the crap out of the ball but also tends to not make contact. 

Hes a great player when healthy but just not the type of player we need because we have a number of players very similar to him.

Although he probably would hit 45-50 homers at the cell

I think I am still stuck back in the Indians line up where they had a ton of lefty power hitters too.

There is so much more than who makes a little more money. While I am not completely against PK being traded, I would still take him head-to-head with Richie Sexson.

When both players are healthy I'd take sexson over Konerko, now add in a 4 million dollar difference and I'm definitely taking Richie, jmo.

You guys are severly underestimating sexsons value....

He will make near 10M next season, More than Konerko and Delgado...

Delgado will be in the 8+ range.

Their are always teams that are really desperate for offense so sexon that is a very good estimate. Maybe even a little more.