Does Jason Marquis remind anyone of

witesoxfan

Because to me, he does. Marquis seemed to be getting no where in Atlanta and seemed to be continually regressing. Both were sinkerballers that were brought up at a very early age, and struggled througout the beginning of their careers(and Garland's struggles have continued).

Marquis turned 26 this year, and was bad last year for Atlanta. Maybe I'm crazy in saying this, but I could see Garland becoming EXACTLY like Marquis...he pitches one more year for us, and Oz-KW grow tired of his struggles, he is traded, and he gets into a groove wherever he is traded.

Basically...I think Garland has to be kept until he is atleast a FA. Maybe he turns into a decent starter like Marquis has done in St. Louis.

I agree, I don't want to give up on Jon garland. I think he'd be an excellent #5 starter for now, and you just hope he becomes an 18-game winner sooner than later. Getting rid of him (unless you get excellent quality in return) would be shortsighted.

That post is right on.

He'll take his lumps...probably will next year too. I personally look for him to bust out in 2006 and have a good year...maybe not 15-7 3.71 like Marquis did this year for St. Louis, but I would say that 15 wins and an ERA around 4.00 would not be out of the question.

Hey wite...I thought the exact same thing when I was watching him early in the game. His style and everything was reminiscent.

However, If I'm not mistaken Marquis had a bit of a set back and had some type of pretty serious arm injury at one point of his Braves career.

Hey wite...I thought the exact same thing when I was watching him early in the game.  His style and everything was reminiscent. 

However, If I'm not mistaken Marquis had a bit of a set back and had some type of pretty serious arm injury at one point of his Braves career.

An injury could have been a reason for his setback last year, considering he had no record, had an ERA of up over 5.50, and only pitched in 21 games(with 2 started) and 40.1 innings...he did pitch like half the year in AAA Richmond for the Braves though too, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Either way, I just hope that Garland figures it out 1 year earlier then Marquis. I think we all hope that. :)

I call him Judy because he acts like a 12 year old girl sometimes (ripping Paulie in the clubhouse after an error, his bizarre tirades through the media against white sox fans who booed him) but I can separate that with his ability. I'm not willing to give up Judy any time soon.

One of the papers did a thing on 'cancers in the clubhouse' for each Chicago team. Guess who won for the Sox?......you got it, Johnny GIRLand.

He's a career #5 starter, who will win you 12-14 games a year, who plays to not get hurt, collects a check and doesn't want to hear anyone's mouth about it.

One of the papers did a thing on 'cancers in the clubhouse' for each Chicago team. Guess who won for the Sox?......you got it, Johnny GIRLand.

He's a career #5 starter, who will win you 12-14 games a year, who plays to not get hurt, collects a check and doesn't want to hear anyone's mouth about it.

Yeah right...

And they are so fair to Sox players...

What bulls***... He's 24 years old, He may of gotten rattled and pissed once or twice but it doesn't make him a clubhouse cancer. I'd still rather take his attitude over Carlos Zambrano.

Yeah right...

And they are so fair to Sox players...

What bulls***... He's 24 years old, He may of gotten rattled and pissed once or twice but it doesn't make him a clubhouse cancer. I'd still rather take his attitude over Carlos Zambrano.

So you'd take the attitude of a guy who looks like he couldn't give a s*** about the game and has complained to the media over a guy who has the intensity of an ace in game 7 of the World Series almost every single game he goes out there?

Uh, no. Give me Zambrano's attitude over Garland's any day of the week.

So you'd take the attitude of a guy who looks like he couldn't give a s*** about the game and has complained to the media over a guy who has the intensity of an ace in game 7 of the World Series almost every single game he goes out there?

Uh, no.  Give me Zambrano's attitude over Garland's any day of the week.

:rolly Not to forget that Zambrano makes up for it with his quality pitching.

If they pointed to Garland as the clubhouse cancer, they had to search for one. Unlike on the northside where their multimillion dollar superstar CAPTAIN bailed on the team after whining and crying all year about the fans being hard on him. Calling Garland and Sosa cancers is a fair comparison. Right!!!!

If they pointed to Garland as the clubhouse cancer, they had to search for one.  Unlike on the northside where their multimillion dollar superstar CAPTAIN bailed on the team after whining and crying all year about the fans being hard on him.  Calling Garland and Sosa cancers is a fair comparison.  Right!!!!

He complains about runs support when he gives up 5,6,7 runs a game. Blames other players for losing the game because of an error. It's called why don't you try and pitch over. I have never seen him looked pissed after giving up a go ahead three run home run. He is ridiculous.

He complains about runs support when he gives up 5,6,7 runs a game. Blames other players for losing the game because of an error. It's called why don't you try and pitch over. I have never seen him looked pissed after giving up a go ahead three run home run. He is ridiculous.

Yes. He f***ed up a couple of times. No doubt about that. If you remember, Ozzie took him the woodshed because of it too. Unless he does it again, that should be the end of it. He shouldn't unfairly get tagged with "clubhouse cancer" just yet.

Yes.  He f***ed up a couple of times.  No doubt about that.  If you remember, Ozzie took him the woodshed because of it too.  Unless he does it again, that should be the end of it.  He shouldn't unfairly get tagged with "clubhouse cancer" just yet.

I can agree with that but like you said one more he does one more stupid thing he can truly be labeled a ''clubhouse cancer''

I would like to see ANY documentation, outside of that one game, where Jon said anything negative about a teammate, his run support, or was anything other than a consummate teammate

The notion that it's something he does often is a false one. I had never heard jon blame anything on his teammates prior to that one episode, and I suspect that was largely due to the chorus of boos that we raining down upon him from the fans. Quite the opposite, I've heard him say that he let his guys down out there, that he had to pick em up, and didn't get the job done...

Qwerty, did you miss the game in Montreal? Jon looked pretty f***ing pissed after that loss.

If that's criteria for good pitching, how a player mugs for the camera, then lets load up on the Koch's, tavarez's, Lima's, and Manzanillo's of the world... There's a reason those guys change teams every year.

I would like to see ANY documentation, outside of that one game, where Jon said anything negative about a teammate, his run support, or was anything other than a consummate teammate

The notion that it's something he does often is a false one.  I had never heard jon blame anything on his teammates prior to that one episode, and I suspect that was largely due to the chorus of boos that we raining down upon him from the fans. Quite the opposite, I've heard him say that he let his guys down out there, that he had to pick em up, and didn't get the job done...

Qwerty, did you miss the game in Montreal?  Jon looked pretty f***ing pissed after that loss.

If that's criteria for good pitching, how a player mugs for the camera, then lets load up on the Koch's, tavarez's, Lima's, and Manzanillo's of the world... There's a reason those guys change teams every year.

I am not saying he has done it often but the point is he has done it once and that is too much imo. I know other players on other teams have said negative things about their team or a specific player but hat doesn't mean i have to like it.

Yes i was watching the game he pitched against Montreal and that is the only time i have ever seen him truly pissed and he really screwed himself that game. If you have noticed any other times let me know. What really gets me is his lack of enthuisiasm he has out there. It's like he could give a s*** less about the game and is just out there to get a pay check.

I am not saying he has done it often but the point is he has done it once and that is too much imo. I know other players on other teams have said negative things about their team or a specific player but hat doesn't mean i have to like it.

Yes i was watching the game he pitched against Montreal and that is the only time i have ever seen him truly pissed and he really screwed himself that game. If you have noticed any other times let me know. What really gets me is his lack of enthuisiasm he has out there. It's like he could give a s*** less about the game and is just out there to get a pay check.

Not the best returned serve I've seen from you.

Not the best returned serve I've seen from you.

I am slipping in my old age. :lol:

Well i have no facts that he has said it numerous times or complained numerous times.I just don't like when a player makes any excuses whatsoever. But that is not my big beef with garland it is like i have said his lack of enthusiasm outside of the montreal game.

I am slipping in my old age. :lol: 

Well i have no facts that he has said it numerous times or complained numerous times.I  just don't like when a player makes any excuses whatsoever.  But that is not my big beef with garland it is like i have said his lack of enthusiasm outside of the montreal game.

That's all a matter of interpretation. He may be beating himself up inside, but doesn't usually let it show. How can you judge that when you have no idea what his real emotions are?