92 Year Old Woman Raped In Nursing Home

Steff

I think this kid needs to be hung up by his genitalia!!!!!

http://www.katc.com/Global/story.as...26&nav=EyAzS5Bs

CARENCRO, La. (AP) — A man is accused of raping a 92-year-old woman who lived at the Lafayette Parish nursing home where he was an employee.

Other workers saw Donovan Martell Despanie, 19, having sex with the woman, who has dementia, and Despanie has admitted to the crime, according to the arrest report. He was arrested Friday and was held in the parish jail Sunday on $250,000 bond.

:angry:

With my mom having been a nurse in these places for about 20 years now, sadly this kind of stuff is way more common than you and I ever want to know. Usually it isn't that bad, it is something like abuse or stealing their meds either for an addiction or to sell for money.

To me it is just like abusing school children. There should be no mercy and no plea agreements. Lock em up and toss away the key.

With my mom having been a nurse in these places for about 20 years now, sadly this kind of stuff is way more common than you and I ever want to know.  Usually it isn't that bad, it is something like abuse or stealing their meds either for an addiction or to sell for money.

To me it is just like abusing school children.  There should be no mercy and no plea agreements.  Lock em up and toss away the key.

Not to mention the nurses themselves often times don't give a toss about the patients. A lot of people are pretty much abandoned there and the staff knows they have no one to complain to.

We filed a complaint against the first nursing home my granddad was in - they would treat patients that were there on Medicaid like crap (they would end up with scabbies and the dieticians wouldn't prepare proper meals - as in diabetics were getting food with barbeque sauce on it, etc). One of the homes my gramma was in was bad (not as bad), but nothing that was reportable. So now we just warn friends that we hear mention it.