Google Desktop

GASHWOUND

Anybody download Google's new Desktop search engine???

I downloaded a few days ago and its pretty cool..

Was playing around with searching all kinds of things on my computer and its awesome..

Do you have a picture?

A pic..of what?

Here's a descrip of it

Google brought the simplicity of its popular Internet search engine to the computer desktop last week, releasing software that allows people to use its home page to search their hard drives for documents, e-mail messages and other hard-to-find files.

Google's new Desktop Search http://desktop.google.com is a small file that Windows users can download to their computers (a Macintosh version is not available). Once installed, it adds a "Desktop" link to the Google home page, allowing users to conduct hard-drive searches with a Web browser in the same way as an Internet search.

The software can search the content of most common file types, including Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and Outlook e-mail messages.

I have a question related to deleting cache, cookies, histroy and such.

Say I want to make it so no one can tell I have been to a certain webpage...(wink wink) what do I have to do to make sure it's gone.

You can delete it off your temp files and get rid of the cookies etc; however, it's always going to be on your computer. Just because you delete it from your recycle bin, it doesn't mean it has left your computer.

:o  :puke

The only thing you can really do is delete every temporary internet file and cookie off of your computer. That's about the best thing you can do if you don't want to get caught.

There will almost undoubtedly be files that can still be found and accessed that let someone know that you were on that site.

The only thing you can really do is delete every temporary internet file and cookie off of your computer.  That's about the best thing you can do if you don't want to get caught.

There will almost undoubtedly be files that can still be found and accessed that let someone know that you were on that site.

Ok, then the only thing I have to do is not make anyone suspicous.