AWESOME website for U of I bars!

santo=dorf

Kams is my favorite watering-hole.  Home of the Drinking Illini!

Ditto :headbang

My roommate from last year has been working there since, well, last year. :D

It has a great atmosphere, and who doesn't like sticky floors or pissing in a toilet bowl full of puke? :puke

The Office?

Is that downtown?  I have yet to party in downtown Champaign.

Can't seem to pull yourself away from Chester Street, eh?? ;) :D

The perfect night for me at C-U was a couple beers while finishing up work at the Gyro joint on Green St. I used to work at, a couple pints Guinness across the street at Murphy's, taking in a set or two of one of the local bands at Mabels (before it sucked) or Nature's Table or Blind Pig (when they were still around), and finally a big honkin' churizo burrito (or a caslves' brain taco on a dare - not for the faint of heart/weak of stomach/or terminally hammered) at LaBamba's. Then a short stumble back to our great old rental house on High Street and hopefully a little inebriated some-getting from the girlfriend if I didn't make too much of an ass of myself that night... :lol:

And the chances of making that 8am lecture the next morning.... not good.

I don't even want to look at that weblink to see that most of those places aren't there anymore.

Speaking of which... Is Deluxe bar and billiards joint still there?? Absolutely the best batter-fried fish sammiches ever, served every Friday.

Kams is my favorite watering-hole.  Home of the Drinking Illini!

I should have a soft-spot in my heart for Kam's because it was the location for my first beer bong. But I pretty much hated that place (probably bad flashbacks from the beer bong), and went anywhere but there once I turned 21 and didn't have to frequent the bars that were more relaxed about carding.

Can't seem to pull yourself away from Chester Street, eh??  ;)  :D

The perfect night for me at C-U was a couple beers while finishing up work at the Gyro joint on Green St. I used to work at, a couple pints Guinness across the street at Murphy's, taking in a set or two of one of the local bands at Mabels (before it sucked) or Nature's Table or Blind Pig (when they were still around), and finally a big honkin' churizo burrito (or a caslves' brain taco on a dare - not for the faint of heart/weak of stomach/or terminally hammered) at LaBamba's.  Then a short stumble back to our great old rental house on High Street and hopefully a little inebriated some-getting from the girlfriend if I didn't make too much of an ass of myself that night...  :lol:

And the chances of making that 8am lecture the next morning.... not good.

I don't even want to look at that weblink to see that most of those places aren't there anymore.

Speaking of which... Is Deluxe bar and billiards joint still there??  Absolutely the best batter-fried fish sammiches ever, served every Friday.

sorry jim no Deluxe however Legends is home to their world famous fish sandwich now; as for kams dont much care for that place, I'll take murphys or brothers

All you U of I kids are only joking yourselfs.... the best bars... Lincoln Park baby!

Go Blue Demons!

Lincoln Park is not an area for Depaul kids at all.

Most of the bars in that area are designated for schools

For instance.

Gin Mill-- Mich State

Kincaids- Kansas

Bordos-- Iowa

Joe's ----Indiana

I dare one of you Depaul students to walk into our bars during a basketball game and say "hey this is our bar area"

I should have a soft-spot in my heart for Kam's because it was the location for my first beer bong.  But I pretty much hated that place (probably bad flashbacks from the beer bong), and went anywhere but there once I turned 21 and didn't have to frequent the bars that were more relaxed about carding.

I hate Kam's...it's a dirty filthy bar for freshman.

I prefer Legends and Murphy's...possibly Brother's