Look at ME! Look at ME!

If I see another Red Sox or Cub fan praying at a game, I'm gonna go Elvis on my big screen. It's not even geniune, it's just like 'oh God please please put my face on TV or in the paper, so everyone can see my fake anguish'.

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling God might have more important things on his plate than Red Sox baseball, just a hunch.

I was really hoping the Red Sox would get to the WS this year just so I could see an end to that s***.

Only on the north side of Chicago will you see fans more in love with failure.

See, it's not even that. The reason Cub and Red-Sox fans are so annoying is because they think THEY are the story. Not the team, or the game of baseball but them. Listen to Cub and Red Sox fan interviews, you'll never hear another fan base talk so much about themselves. It's all about look at ME, MY pain, I'M a better fan etc.

Are you people serious? You really think people look mentally anguished to get in the newspaper??

It couldn't have anything to do with being in a tie game in extra innings, on the brink of elimination against your rival or anything, naw.

I'm sure all you people were just sitting all happy and content when the Mariners were about to eliminate the Sox in 2000. Wouldn't want to look interested or anything, for fear of being accused of mugging for a camera.

There's so much jealousy around here right now it's ridiculous.

Are you people serious?  You really think people look mentally anguished to get in the newspaper??

It couldn't have anything to do with being in a tie game in extra innings, on the brink of elimination against your rival or anything, naw.

I'm sure all you people were just sitting all happy and content when the Mariners were about to eliminate the Sox in 2000.  Wouldn't want to look interested or anything, for fear of being accused of mugging for a camera.

Yep, you're right again - in 2000, I was praying into my hat, murmuring "pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease" and I just started CRYING and CRYING and CRYING and CRYING when the Sox were eliminated.

And then I blew up a little toy boat to erase the "Mariner Curse" and I hung a Jerry Dybzinski doll in effigy to erase the "Curse Of The Dybbino" and all kinds of other cuddly curse rituals.

No jealousy whatsoever, just pointing out jackassedness where I see it...

The praying, etc, doesn't bother me, as long as they remember that it applies to fans, too: There's no crying in baseball!

And hell yes I'm jealous.

That's an interesting question, actually -- Where were you when the Mariners booted us in 2000? When the Sox got eliminated, I was in a bar a few blocks from my job, my boss having let me leave a bit early, and I was nursing a Coors Lite, the cheapest admission ticket I could buy. I wasn't happy and content, but, at least I was already in a bar!

Are you people serious?  You really think people look mentally anguished to get in the newspaper??

I'm sure all you people were just sitting all happy and content when the Mariners were about to eliminate the Sox in 2000.  Wouldn't want to look interested or anything, for fear of being accused of mugging for a camera.

Spiff, you truly are one smart and respectable dude. I applaud you for knowing your ass from hand unlike some, thank you.

;)

I think in some sick, attention hungry kind of way, YES some Cub and Red Sox fans do enjoy the pity party and would almost prefer to keep it going. It keeps the focus on them.

Any White Sox fan will tell you that we love our team just as much as anyone, have a 'curse' of our own and have been in many heartbreaking situations of our own, but we take our losses like rational adults who keep baseball in perspective.

If we're not praying or crying, it's not because we're not great fans and we could give less of a toss about where the cameras are.

Jealousy? You mean of that long Cub's and Red Sox success? Uh, yeah that's it.

I must agree. I, too, am sick of the shots of Red Sox fans praying, hats down over eyes, rally caps, etc. But, then I think...oh yeah, THESE ARE 5-6 HOUR GAMES!!! What do you expect Fox to do, show shots of McCarver every 5 minutes? Joe Buck even said, it was so late, the blimp had to leave. No overhead shots. Do you want to see shots of Joe Torre's beak? The hideously ugly Luis Sojo? Mike Timlin acting like a linebacker? Pedro's/Damon's/Manny's hair? I feel bad for Fox and the broadcasters (not to mention the umps who NEVER sit down) to be there and come up with things to look at/say for 5 1/2 hours two straight nights.

I cried at the end of game 3 ... and I'm proud to admit it. I was pissed for a good 2 weeks.

I must agree.  I, too, am sick of the shots of Red Sox fans praying, hats down over eyes, rally caps, etc.  But, then I think...oh yeah, THESE ARE 5-6 HOUR GAMES!!!  What do you expect Fox to do, show shots of McCarver every 5 minutes?  Joe Buck even said, it was so late, the blimp had to leave.  No overhead shots.  Do you want to see shots of Joe Torre's beak?  The hideously ugly Luis Sojo?  Mike Timlin acting like a linebacker?  Pedro's/Damon's/Manny's hair?  I feel bad for Fox and the broadcasters (not to mention the umps who NEVER sit down) to be there and come up with things to look at/say for 5 1/2 hours two straight nights.

more shots of leon.

I cried at the end of game 3 ... and I'm proud to admit it. I was pissed for a good 2 weeks.

I completely lost my mind after game 1 in 1993. I was 6, at it was my first time attending a playoff game in any sport. I was cheered up when we saw MJ's car in the parking lot :headbang

I cried out of frustration after game 2 in 2000. I wasn't going nuts, just tears and a few beat up pillows.

I had an excuse...I was 13...so steff, what is your excuse? :lol:

I completely lost my mind after game 1 in 1993.  I was 6, at it was my first time attending a playoff game in any sport.  I was cheered up when we saw MJ's car in the parking lot :headbang

I cried out of frustration after game 2 in 2000.  I wasn't going nuts, just tears and a few beat up pillows.

I had an excuse...I was 13...so steff, what is your excuse? :lol:

No excuse. I had taken off work. I was excited. I really, really, REALLY believed we had a chance... and poof... our offense peed themselves...

I stood in complete disbelief at the end of game 3. For a good 30 minutes I don't think I could speak. I cried the rest of the day, probably the next, too. I couldn't watch any of the postseason for days. I was sooooo mad.

No excuse. I had taken off work. I was excited. I really, really, REALLY believed we had a chance... and poof... our offense peed themselves...

I stood in complete disbelief at the end of game 3. For a good 30 minutes I don't think I could speak. I cried the rest of the day, probably the next, too. I couldn't watch any of the postseason for days. I was sooooo mad.

try being a white sox and a jayhawk fan :puke :puke :puke