Astros Pitching Choice

Would you pitch Clemens on three days rest or hold him out for a possible game 7 on full rest?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pitch Clemens on three days rest or hold him out for a possible game 7 on full rest?

• Pitch him, go for the series winner
    • Rest him for a possible game 7 showdown

The Rocket has not done well on short rest, I would rest him and pitch him in the biggest game in franchise history on full rest. Plus the Astros have a lot of momentum right now. Perhaps they could win one without Roger.

The Rocket has not done well on short rest, I would rest him and pitch him in the biggest game in franchise history on full rest. Plus the Astros have a lot of momentum right now. Perhaps they could win one without Roger.

I would agree with you if the alternative wasn't Pete Munro and/or the bullpen was deeper. Backe pitched out of his mind in game 5, wouldn't count on a suprise performance again. Only positive is Lidge has a rest day and would probably be available for 2 innings

^^ this.

Clemens needs his full rest - no sense wasting him when he's iffy.

Save Clemens for game 7.

The Astros have nothing to lose by pitching Munro in Game 6.

Astros lose, they have a rested Clemens for Game 7.

They win, Clemens can pitch Game 1 of the WS.

Win-win situation.

If Backe can pull a shutout out of his ass, Munro can pitch decently.

You pitch Munro...

All the pressure is on the Cardinals right now. They are in the midst of blowing a 2-0 lead, is/was the favorites coming into the NL playoffs, and will be expected to hit a pitcher like Munro.

Like Knight said, its a win-win situation for the Astros. You pitch Munro if you happen to win you have Clemens and Oswalt for games 1 & 2 of the WS...lose you have Clemens for game seven...

Clemens is 42, give him the rest and he will most likely be able to deliver the goods

Its not like the cardinals have Cy Young on the mound in game six, so you have a shot no matter who pitches for you.

No to Clemens for tonight’s game. If the Astros lose today then they have a rested Clemens ready for Game 7. But if the Astros win today without Roger then they have The Rocket ready for Game 1 of the World Series. Followed by Oswalt in Game 2.

Save Clemens for game 7.

The Astros have nothing to lose by pitching Munro in Game 6.

Astros lose, they have a rested Clemens for Game 7.

They win, Clemens can pitch Game 1 of the WS.

Win-win situation.

If Backe can pull a shutout out of his ass, Munro can pitch decently.

You stole my thunder b**** :lol:

Pitch Munro, no question.

If you pitch Clemens and lose then you might have to comeback with Oswalt on short rest.

Definitely pitch Clemens game 7 if necessary, this is what the stros are doing, this is also smart imo because they can bring oswalt in for relief help now in game 7 if necessary. If clemens doesn't go deep into the game they can use oswalt for middle relief to get to lidge.

Good answer... a day late :lol:

Where you been Goody?

Well that's what I woulda said if i posted yesterday.

I've been around haven't had access to my comp for a while cause of spyware but it's all taken care of now. I was able to go on a couple friends computer's so I was on Aim a little and I even was on Soxtalk 2 weeks ago, not logged in though.

I hope they watched how to close a LCS on the road last night. :pray

Although without the Evil Empire, no matter who wins the WS, I'll be happy for the winner and sad for the loser so I can only hope for exciting, clean, fair, baseball without controversy.

When this first went up I said, and voted for, starting Clemens on three days rest, now I kind of like the decision of resting him and having him start with full rest, espically since Oswalt can pitch behind him. I would have LOVED it if he would have rested Lidge an extra day or only pitched him one inning because then St. Louis would of had to go through Clemens, Oswalt, and Lidge all on a good amount of rest.

Now you have Clemens on full rest, Oswalt pitching on 3 days, but not starting, and Lidge after pitching 3 innings, so it should be interesting.

Suppan needs to come up HUGE though, Isringhausen has only pitched 2 innings 2 or 3 times this year, so he will be tired, but I'm sure Woody Williams will gut out a performance if needed.... anyone have a good read on St. Louis pitching order for today, ie if Suppan is in trouble who comes in?