Would anyone give a minor league contract to ELO?

AngelasDaddy0427

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't Loaiza take shots at the organization or am I way off base here?

I don't think anything that would prevent a return. Ozzie was pissed he wasn't extended an offer his last year here and he ran his mouth a bit.... obviously that didn't hurt him coming back. I think their skin is a lot thicker than we think.

I'm certain his future with the White Sox is nonexistent.

While Loaiza won't command 8 million, he is bound to recieve an extended contract from a team willing to take a chance on a former 20 game winner. San Diego Padres have been mentioned in the past as a possible suitor.

On a completely seperate notion, I have a hard time stomaching the re-signing of players on our previous years team. There are better options available on the market for bullpen or starting rotation help than the Zesty One.

I would have no problem bringing Esteban back. At the very least, we know we are going to get a good April out of him, and if his velocity magically reappears, we could have a steal...again.

And, I know I started the thread saying hang on to Garland for atleast another year, probably two...but if the right offer came up, and we still signed/traded for a good SP, would anyone be opposed to a (FA/trade)-Garcia-Buehrle-Contreras-Loaiza rotation?

I sick of this team going Cheap and Signing players to Ahhh Let's see if he regains his velocity, Let's see if he pitches like 2 years ago, hell he won the Cy Young 5 Years ago. Balony. F that. Spend some cash Reinsdork

I would have no problem bringing Esteban back.  At the very least, we know we are going to get a good April out of him, and if his velocity magically reappears, we could have a steal...again.

And, I know I started the thread saying hang on to Garland for atleast another year, probably two...but if the right offer came up, and we still signed/traded for a good SP, would anyone be opposed to a (FA/trade)-Garcia-Buehrle-Contreras-Loaiza rotation?

I'd much rather have Garland pitching for the sox then Loaiza, jmo.