sox farm system

soxfan420

I don't know if we'll have the money to resign Colon. Maggs will be worth 14 million next season, which is a 5 million dollar increase from this year. Jose could be gone, as well as C Lee, so that could free up roughly 9 million. So, that's losing 4 million. If Frank stays, he'd have a 3 million dollar pay increase as well. But, if Thomas goes, then I'd expect Reinsy to fork up the cash for Colon.

I don't know if we'll have the money to resign Colon. Maggs will be worth 14 million next season, which is a 5 million dollar increase from this year. Jose could be gone, as well as C Lee, so that could free up roughly 9 million. So, that's losing 4 million. If Frank stays, he'd have a 3 million dollar pay increase as well. But, if Thomas goes, then I'd expect Reinsy to fork up the cash for Colon.

While money will always be a factor in whether or not the White Sox will re-sign Colon, I think more has to do with how the White Sox fare with Colon in 2003. If the Sox win the division and go to the playoffs, I think the White Sox will keep him around for 2004 and a few years beyond. If the Sox fall on their face ala 2001, bye-bye Bartolo.

I believe the biggest factor in what will effect next years payroll is simply how well the Sox start off this year. The fans are excited about this teams chances. They will come out to the park early in the season if the weather cooperates. If the team starts winning, the excitement will continue to swell and attendance will jump over any recent season. In 2000, no one really believed the Sox would maintain tha pace, so they didn't buy into it until it was late in the year. By then, the Sox had practically clinched, so there were no "crucial" series to spur attendance. In 2001, 2002 by June we all new the Sox wouldn't win anything. but with this team, if they get on and stay on a roll, the park should be jumping.