We got our closer for next year!!

Winning Ugly

Oh he had a good second half? Why not sign him to a minor league contract?

Oh D'angelo Jimenez had a good year, lets sign him to a minor league contract!

Oh look...Lyle Mouton had a good year in the Independant leagues, lets sign him to a minor league contract!!!

:bang

Oh he had a good second half? Why not sign him to a minor league contract?

Oh D'angelo Jimenez had a good year, lets sign him to a minor league contract!

Oh look...Lyle Mouton had a good year in the Independant leagues, lets sign him to a minor league contract!!!

:bang

I never did, never would suggest that we sign Koch. But the Marlins wanted him in the middle of the year -- why would you change your mind only after he played well? I thought he was signed through next year, w/ the Sox picking up most of it anyway. His walks and whip were bad, but not really worse than advertised.

Koch has not been with the team for about the last month. On the marlins message board i had heard his wife got really sick and he asked for leave. But then every place reported that he was suspended by the marlins. So none of them on the marlins board actually know what happened either.

Wasn't Castro the one acussed of raping someone at a hotel?

Yes he was.

http://www.sportscandals.com/baseball/publ...rinter_18.shtml

From SportScandals.com

Baseball

Florida Marlins catcher Ramon Castro charged with rape

By SportScandals.com

Aug 30, 2003, 16:06

Florida Marlins catcher Ramon Castro was released on $25,000 bond Friday, after he was charged with rape.

Castro, 27, from Puerto Rico was arrested and charged Friday night at Allegheny County Jail, his release was delayed while he underwent a psychiatric evaluation required in all cases in Allegheny County when someone is accused of a sex offense.

Castro was on his way back to Miami on Friday night after the incident in Pittsburgh, Castro and another couple met at a bar and then went to a Westin hotel where Castro was staying.

The woman alleged the assault took place early Thursday in Castro's room after the other couple left, Kraus said.

Castro allegedly threw the women on a hotel bed, ripped off her clothes and held her down, the women resisted but Castro continued to sexually assault her.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Sept. 4.

Speaking from Puerto Rico, Castro's wife, Brenda Castro, told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that she had talked with her husband while he was in police custody and that she stood behind him.

"He told me everything. I know he did what is right," she told the newspaper in Spanish.

© Copyright 2003 by SportScandals.com