Did I miss something?

Rex Hudler

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steff, or anyone close to the Sox, is there any truth to this rumor?  Did I miss an announcement?  Is this old news?

That's news to me... let me check around.

Last I heard (actually last Jim heard from talking to Raffy) was that a decision was not going to be made until December on him coming back.

Raines himself told a buddy of mine at a charity golf tournament over the weekend.

Interesting. I gotta say if it is true, I like the move a lot. It gets a basestealer over there to whisper in the ears of guys like Willie, and it also gives us one of the best of all time at stealing bases to teach the craft to these kids.

If Raines is being hired, it tells me that Willie will be our starting 2B for sure next year (sorry Steff)

If Raines is being hired, it tells me that Willie will be our starting 2B for sure next year (sorry Steff)

Don't be sorry for me.. be sorry for Dips*** Willie and anyone within a mile of any game I attend. We're moving up 12 rows and a section closer to the plate. Willie will be deaf at the end of every game I attend.. and it won't be from hearing "MVP"...

Interesting.  I gotta say if it is true, I like the move a lot.  It gets a basestealer over there to whisper in the ears of guys like Willie, and it also gives us one of the best of all time at stealing bases to teach the craft to these kids.

And if that is the case, it will be a long season. Willie Harris is flat out terrible and it will make me sick to go into another season with him as a starter. The guy cannot play. I am tired of hearing he is fast. He can't hit. Just because you can't teach speed doesn't mean that we should keep trying Harris. There was all of this raving about his speed and he didn't even steal 20 bases. Wake up KW and realize that Willie Harris is a waste of White Sox money.

What the hell is wrong with Raffy..?

If you like Corpseball style coaching, I guess he would be alright to continue.

There's already been rumblings that he is gone for next season and I'll be fine with it. He is decent as a 1B coach, but Ozzie needs to have his guys in there doing the job.

Don't be sorry for me..  be sorry for Dips*** Willie and anyone within a mile of any game I attend. We're moving up 12 rows and a section closer to the plate. Willie will be deaf at the end of every game I attend.. and it won't be from hearing "MVP"...

Personally, I think an "MVP" chant for Willie, Borchard or any other mediocre player would be pretty hilarious.

And if that is the case, it will be a long season.  Willie Harris is flat out terrible and it will make me sick to go into another season with him as a starter.  The guy cannot play.  I am tired of hearing he is fast.  He can't hit.  Just because you can't teach speed doesn't mean that we should keep trying Harris.  There was all of this raving about his speed and he didn't even steal 20 bases.  Wake up KW and realize that Willie Harris is a waste of White Sox money.

To me I like the move. They are finally getting coaches who fit what the team needs. It is obvious that if Ozzie is going to manage this team, they are going to try to bunt and steal. We should have coaches who were good at it, to teach it to these guys.

And as for Willie, this move also tells me this is his make or break season. If Raines can't teach him, no one can, and he will be gone.

Maybe Raines can teach the right way to steal some bases.

Another great move if true by the White Sox.

Don't ya think MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS should already know the appropriate time to attempt to steal a base.. ???

Geesus effing crisp.. put some effing blame on the damn players. :angry:

Great move... Tim Raines.. a great move. :puke

To me I like the move.  They are finally getting coaches who fit what the team needs.  It is obvious that if Ozzie is going to manage this team, they are going to try to bunt and steal.  We should have coaches who were good at it, to teach it to these guys.

And as for Willie, this move also tells me this is his make or break season.  If Raines can't teach him, no one can, and he will be gone.

My question is, why are we bringing him back?

Put Uribe at 2B and sign a real shortstop (Cristian Guzman).

Willie has proven absolutely nothing and he should feel fortunate for the chances he's been given.

To me I like the move.  They are finally getting coaches who fit what the team needs.  It is obvious that if Ozzie is going to manage this team, they are going to try to bunt and steal.  We should have coaches who were good at it, to teach it to these guys.

And as for Willie, this move also tells me this is his make or break season.  If Raines can't teach him, no one can, and he will be gone.

Tim Raines.. no.

Now bring in Henderson. That would show me they mean business and not just making cosmetic changes to the staff. What's next... Albert at hitting coach..??

Don't ya think MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS should already know the appropriate time to attempt to steal a base.. ???

Geesus effing crisp.. put some effing blame on the damn players.  :angry:

Great move... Tim Raines.. a great move.  :puke

Willie Harris looked very confused in terms of how to steal a base.

Teach him the right way, and he is weapon.

I know the White Sox like to get all their proverbial ducks in a row before announcing coaching staffs. At least they do on the Minor League level.

It is possibly that Raffy will be reassigned to the Minor Leagues, possibly as a roving instructor again. If that is the case, they may be waiting until they have made decisions on all the coaches before they make an announcement. Or at least the MLB coaches, and Minor League Instructors.

Willie Harris looked very confused in terms of how to steal a base.

Teach him the right way, and he is weapon.

That's my point Shuf... at that level you should know what to do. Willie is too concerned about getting booty at the local boobie bar.. he's a POS with a bad attitude and doesn't belong on a MLB roster.