Game 7

Lowe v. Brown

PROJECTED LINEUPS: Red Sox - CF Johnny Damon (.304, 20 HRs, 94 RBIs, 123 runs, 19 SBs), 2B Bellhorn (.264, 17, 82, 177 Ks), LF Manny Ramirez (.308, 43, 130), DH David Ortiz (.301, 41, 139), 1B Kevin Millar (.297, 18, 74), RF Trot Nixon (.315, 6, 23), C Jason Varitek (.296, 18, 73), SS Orlando Cabrera (.294, 6, 31), 3B Bill Mueller (.283, 12, 57). Yankees - SS Derek Jeter (.292, 23 HRs, 78 RBIs, 23 SBs), 3B Alex Rodriguez (.286, 36, 106, 28 SBs), RF Gary Sheffield (.290, 36, 121, 117 runs), LF Hideki Matsui (.298, 31, 108), CF Williams (.262, 22, 70), C Jorge Posada (.272, 21, 81), DH Ruben Sierra (.244, 17, 65), 1B Tony Clark (.221, 16, 49), 2B Miguel Cairo (.292, 6, 42).

This could be one for the ages!!!

buffer.jpg

Let's Get Readddddddy to Rumbleeeeeeeee!!!

Boston will live or die by their offense. Deep down, I see a Yankees win...but I want the Red Sox to slaughter the yankees. I will compromise: 9-8 Red Sox in 10.

The fans were a little nuts at the Stadium last night...they were doing their impression of Shea fans...it could have been worse, they could have done their impression of fans at the cell.

Another cold, overcast day here, however no drizzle is expected. I wouldn't mind having a little wind to help that knuckler.

Go BoSox...nuff said.

Boston will win this. Book it. Best comeback in history we'll be watching down 0-3 and winning the series is simply amazing.

Boston vs Houston in the WS like in my prediction I've made for a while now, and I'll root for Houston, but imo, Boston wins the World Series and breaks the curse.

EDIT: 7-5 Sawks win. :headbang

The fans were a little nuts at the Stadium last night...they were doing their impression of Shea fans...it could have been worse, they could have done their impression of fans at the cell.

Welcome aboard Mariotti! :cheers :drink

Not only Boston, but the Yankees will desperately need the offense to perform. Both teams have hit tonights starters (Lowe/Brown) well, and it will likely be the battle of the rotations. Vazquez/Hernandez should fill the void of middle innings if trouble arises, just as Wakefield/Martinez(?) will do the same. I wouldn't dismiss Martinez pitching an inning out of the bullpen if this game is close. The Foulkamaniacs can not expect their man to work another scoreless outing. Boston's bridge needs to be shortened with pitchers not named Mendoza or Myers.

Yesterday I rationalized Boston would win tonight ONLY because it doesn't seem right to fight from a 3-0 deficit, win three straight games, and lose Game 7. Stats aside, Boston is facing a huge force of momentum while the Yankees are dealing with tremendous pressure. Win or lose, their comeback was amazing; as evident by no other MLB ever accomplishing it. I realize Boston losing would be the ultimate tease for their fans, and that alone makes it feasible, but I don't believe they'll lose tonight.

My prediction: 7-3 Red Saux.

what a series.

man if our sox were in this one, i'd be drinking pepto by the gallon.

i see the yankees winning this one because:

-the red sox bullpen is in shambles.

-derek jeter won't let his team lose

-the yanks will shorten their swings and stop swinging for the fences every at bat

-come on it's the yankees and red sox.

-the yankees have gordon and mariano rested.

i hope that if the sox do lose, it's a blowout.

those poor people don't deserve another classic meltdown.