Big Stein

I cannot wait to see what he's going to say tomorrow. Nor can I wait to see what he's going to do this off-season.

He's gonna snap...

I think it'd be entertaining if he blew up the team ala the Indians a few years ago and decided to go on a youth movement.

End pipedream.

Begin reality.

Five days after the World Series, the Yankees announce the signings of Carlos Beltran, Derek Lowe (buy who beats you), Adrian Beltre (then they teach him 2B), Troy Percival, and Guillermo Mota.

I think it'd be entertaining if he blew up the team ala the Indians a few years ago and decided to go on a youth movement.

End pipedream.

Begin reality.

Five days after the World Series, the Yankees announce the signings of Carlos Beltran, Derek Lowe (buy who beats you), Adrian Beltre (then they teach him 2B), Troy Percival, and Guillermo Mota.

Don't forget Carl Pavano, Odalis Perez, and Matt Clement (can never have to many starting pitchers).

You thought he was pissed when they lost in 2001...

(if I may borrow the acronym from a certain poster on here)

You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

It will be ATLEAST $225 mill, maybe more.

Life would be sweet if you are Carlos Beltran right now. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Yankees offer him over $20 mil per to make sure he signs with them. And they probably sign multiple starters from this free agent market. And I wouldn't be surprised if they go after Beltre or Nomar and move one of them to second. This offseason could get out of hand.

Life would be sweet if you are Carlos Beltran right now.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Yankees offer him over $20 mil per to make sure he signs with them.  And they probably sign multiple starters from this free agent market.  And I wouldn't be surprised if they go after Beltre or Nomar and move one of them to second.  This offseason could get out of hand.

This offseason will prove why something has to be done about the Yankees and their spending. Guaranteed.

Oh man, it's going to be crazy, I think the Cubs pipedream of signing Beltran has been completely axed.

Realistically I see at the minimum Beltran, Pavano, and Randy Johnson (he will pay all his salary and just give the D'Back's money)

If not the Unit then Clement or another top FA pitcher.

I agree, this may be the offseason where it's obvious to all involved that the Yankees payroll fiasco has to stop

No way.  This wasn't just a choke job.  It was something much worse.  I can't even come up with the words.  Even the Slubs wouldn't blow a 3-0 lead.  I think the Yankees will be the cursed ones for a while.

Cubs could if they had the chance. The yankees will win a world series within the next three years because all of his spending is bound to pay of. Also the yankees will not be cursed because there is no such thing. Curses are just excuses for failure.

Cubs could if they had the chance. The yankees will win a world series within the next three years because all of his spending is bound to pay of. Also the yankees will not be cursed because there is no such thing. Curses are just excuses for failure.

The Yanks haven't won it all since 2000. Maybe the baseball gods are against them or something. I think their days of actually winning it all are over.

The Yanks haven't won it all since 2000.  Maybe the baseball gods are against them or something.  I think their days of actually winning it all are over.

Wow... a whole 4 years must suck to be them. And they haven't had any success at all, they've only been to two WS in that time frame. As everyone says, you get to the playoffs and its a crapshoot, you get there often enough and you are bound to win eventually.

Wow... a whole 4 years must suck to be them.  And they haven't had any success at all, they've only been to two WS in that time frame.  As everyone says, you get to the playoffs and its a crapshoot, you get there often enough and you are bound to win eventually.

Considering their astronomical payroll, not winning it all in the last 4 years is a major failure. They've got some serious holes in their pitching staff. Most of their position players aren't getting any younger. They've got nothing in terms of trade bait. Will they go out and adress these things in the off-season? Will see.

Whoever of Buck/McCarver/Leiter said it, they were right: a 3-0 choke job is possible if you have poor starting pitching. The Yanks bullpen was pretty damn unreliable too this postseason with Rivera really being the only go-to guy.

I expect Stein to spend lots on pitching wherever he can find it. Maybe he'll just pay to invite every free agent SP to Yankees camp.