Saw Michael Moore Tonight

Heads22

Just got back a little bit ago from seeing Moore at Luther College in Decorah. It started a little late (scheduled for 8, started at 845). Moore was actually pretty toned down. He read My Pet Goat to the audience and showed some fake commercials, had a geography contest and brough Rosanne out on stage. It was pretty well attended. There were maybe 6 protesters outside handing out Pro-Right flyers and a nice guy who offered to recycle any paper we may have had on hand.

It was an interesting night, but I was surprised at how he toned some stuff down.

its funny how everyone wants to demonize this guy.. if you saw any of his movies prior to Fahrenheit 911 you would have said that he's a good film producer and documentarian.

People act like he's a spokesman for the Democratic party. He's not.. just like Ann Coulter isn't a spokeswomen for the Republican party.

its funny how everyone wants to demonize this guy.. if you saw any of his movies prior to Fahrenheit 911 you would have said that he's a good film producer and documentarian.

People act like he's a spokesman for the Democratic party. He's not.. just like Ann Coulter isn't a spokeswomen for the Republican party.

Acutally the guy made a lot of enemies prior to his 9-11 film. I remember hearing lots of pissed off people after "Bowling". I think the guy has his niche market and that's about it. Outside of that, I haven't heard much good said about the guy.

I can agree. "Roger & Me" and "The Big One" were great documentaries about the people and how big companies do not care about them. GREAT movies!

When "Bowling for Columbine" came out, it wasn't very controversial, except about the Columbine video he used and was seen as a doc "Everyone should see." Than Bush attacked Iraq and all gloves were off.

Some people just hate other who have an outlet for their voice, be it Moore, or Mike North, or Jay Mariotti, or Jon Stewart.

One of the interesting developments in the 20th Century was the explosion of technology in the field of communications. Unlike the 18th Century, for example, the later half of the 20th is documented in a wide variety of medias. Movies, and the sub-genre documentaries are just one of those medias. In a sense, docudramas are a new art form, a mixture of fact, opinion, and fiction. Time will tell how they are judged.

I wonder how 23rd Century humankind will judge America 2004 based on the surviving records. Will they look at a DVD and wonder how we could be so primitive? Just like we look at stone tools and wonder how they survived.

Personally, I think Michael Moore is a genius at what he does. He does an incredible job. The problem I have is with his complete disregard for fact. I haven't seen F9/11 so I won't comment there, but as for "Bowling...", it's loaded in inaccuracies. I investigated on my own after viewing it. Most people don't / won't. They take 100% of what he says as fact. You should NEVER do that. Not from a film maker. Not from a political party. There's enough avenues out there to check for yourselves.

No, he was just in Ames and Decorah. I didn't realize how nice Decorah looked til last nite when I really looked. I also saw like 3 attractive women all night.

[shudder]

There was a couple of 60 year olds sitting 2 rows in front of us that were obviously going to get some last nite. Hand all over each other.....

[double shudder]