BA prediction

LDF

al central they have twins first with our sox second. here is what is said about us

White Sox

Short Take: Bartolo Colon could put this offensive-minded club over the top.

Breakout Player: The White Sox put on a clinic last year in how not to handle a prized pitching prospect returning from shoulder surgery. They let Jon Rauch make the big league club, then didn’t use him for two weeks. When he struggled afterward, they seemed surprised. Now that Rauch has recovered, he’s ready to contribute

doesn't matter at all who picks who.

the games will be played in real life and that is all that matters.

true, but i think why we post these things is to see where some of the sports writers are coming from. most importantly to keep the discussion of the sox fresh and a way to vent our anger at these writers.

I'm glad the writers are all picking the Twins--how often do they EVER get it right? I think most writers picked the Sox in the Central last year, and I'd bet that zero writers picked the Sox to win in 2000. For the most part, writers have no better understanding of who's going to win than anybody on this board. Their job is to provoke reactions and create discussion and argument.

The White Sox put on a clinic last year in how not to handle a prized pitching prospect returning from shoulder surgery. They let Jon Rauch make the big league club, then didn’t use him for two weeks. When he struggled afterward, they seemed surprised. Now that Rauch has recovered, he’s ready to contribute

While I agree with BA's assessment of how the White Sox (see: JM) handled the Rauch situation last season 110%, you gotta wonder when this article was written specifically because Rauch was sent down to the minors. And as I have said before, and a few posters have said here, the Twins should be the favorite until somebody unseats them from first place.