No half price dates in 2005?

LosMediasBlancas

There was a rumor that season ticket holders were b****ing about tuesday half price nights.  I think that rather than lose the attendance on those nights they will just make all tuesday home games half price in the season ticket package.

but then you break even, all the revenue from the boosted attendance on those nights is evened out by giving the season ticket holders the same discount, No?

I think it was pretty much announced that one of the half price nights would be going away, but not both, if I recall. 

I thought Boyer said that during a radio interview late last year.

It was going to be talked about. So far it has not been addressed.

I think it was pretty much announced that one of the half price nights would be going away, but not both, if I recall. 

I thought Boyer said that during a radio interview late last year.

Over the summer he spent about an hour and a half on ESPN 1000 with Carmen and Silvy taking phone calls. I remember someone calling in talking about doing away with the half-price nights because of all of the problems. Brooks said it was something they were going to look into.

Get rid of them. Too much :drink and :fight goes on.

Over the summer he spent about an hour and a half on ESPN 1000 with Carmen and Silvy taking phone calls.  I remember someone calling in talking about doing away with the half-price nights because of all of the problems.  Brooks said it was something they were going to look into.

Get rid of them. Too much  :drink and :fight  goes on.

Those problems :chair went away after they implemented some policies that should have been in place all along on half pice night.

but then you break even, all the revenue from the boosted attendance on those nights is evened out by giving the season ticket holders the same discount, No?

I wouldn't think so. I would think between concessions/memorabilia/beer the average person spends more than the cost of a half price ticket. I don't know though, my head hurts right now, don't feel like doing the math.

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I'm still kinda new here. I heard a rumor that half price nights will be done away with for 2005. If it's true, how do you guys feel about that?

Bulls***, if that is the case then they will never draw fans...

I haven't gone to a half price night since all of the idiots jumped out on the field that night against KC.  If they go away, I won't be upset.  Too many morons came out of the woodwork.

Half price nights do tend to draw out a lot of riff raff. I went to a game last May against Texas and there were 4 fights in the stands. Seemed like every time Texas scored a fight would break out. Some of those security people were kinda winded toward the end of the game & there was one brawl near the RF foul pole where a couple of drunks were landing some really good punches on each other and Kelly Wunsch, who was on the mound pitching, just stood there for a minute or so watching the action. It was hysterical.

I truely hope they don't get rid of the half Price nights, i go to full price but like to attend the half price days simply because i can afford those so much more. I think i went to almost all the half price tuesdays. The first few were ridiculous with all the fights but they got a good handle on it after that. Them placing more security around did help and if anything started there were enough people to control it unlike the earlier times. Heres to more half price days for me. :cheers

If that's the case, then the White Sox have some pretty crappy fans.

I understand there are budget/money issues, but if the only reason you come out to a ballgame is because it's half-priced...  :unsure:

Why not? They put a half-priced team on the field every year.